14

Asher's POV

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked her.

"I don't know. I didn't want you to think of me differently." She said quietly.

"Differently? Annie, you did nothing wrong. What happened was on him. Why didn't you tell the police, get him arrested." I asked her.

"I was scared to tell anyone and ashamed. Hayden threatened me after saying that if I went to the police, I would regret it. I only told one person, his name was Will and I swore him to secrecy. My parents don't even know!" Annie told me and started to tear up.

"Annie it's ok, you're ok. And you have nothing to be ashamed about. You don't deserve any of this" I assured her.

"And then he came back I was so scared but I acted tough in front of him so he wouldn't know I was. I wanted to tell the police but I didn't." She said frowning.

"Why don't you tell them now?" I asked her.

"It's too late. If I was going to tell them, I should have months ago." She said still frowning.

"I see what you mean but since he came back, it's fine to tell them now." I told her.

"Okay. Can we go tomorrow?" Annie asked me.

"Of course? But why not today?" I asked.

"I still have a few check-ups today and I have none tomorrow. Plus we have to get parental permission to leave.... uh Asher?" Annie said.

"Yes?" I said.

"Could we ask one of your parents to take us?" She asked.

"Yes of course." I said and kissed her on the forehead.

Asher: Hey mom, can you stop but the hospital, I want to ask you something.

Mom: Sure honey. Do you want me to bring the whole family by?

Asher: Maybe next time because I need to talk to you about something.

Mom: Okay, be there in 10.

Asher: Okay.

10 minutes later my mom arrived.

"Hey Ash." She said kissing my forehead.

"Hey mom" I said.

"What did you want to talk about?" My mom asked me.

"Can you take Annie and I to the police station tomorrow?" I asked her.

"Annie is the girl in the next room right?" She asked.

"Yes, she is." I replied.

"Why do you guys need to go to the police station?" She asked again.

"You might want to sit down for this mom." I said and she sat down. After she sat down I told her everything. My mom was in shook and looked petrified, probably because she a mother and no parent would ever want that to happen to there kid.

"Yeah, I'll take you guys. Can I go talk to her?" She asked?

"Yeah." I said and she rolled me into Annie's room.

"Hey Annie, I'm Asher's mom, Coco." She said sitting on the edge of Annie's bed.

"Nice to meet you Mrs. Angel." Annie said softly.

"You can call me Coco." My mom said to Annie.

"Oh okay, thank you." Annie replies with a small smile on her face.

"Asher honey, could you please leave the room, I should probably talk to Annie about this alone." My mom said.

"Yes of course, I figured I'd have to leave." I said smiling at Annie and she smiled back.

I watched tv for about 15 minutes in my room. My mom came into my room to say bye because she had to go back to the house for dinner.

"Bye Asher, see you tomorrow." She said hugging me.

"Bye mom." I replied

A half an hour later it was dinner time. I was sitting on my bed watching tv while eating when Annie came in with her food. She sat on my bed with me and put her tray on my table.

"Hey, can I eat with you?" Annie asked me.

"Of course." I replied with a small smile.

"Thank you." She said softly.

"Not eating in the cafeteria with Nadia tonight?" I asked her.

"No she has late check-up tonight." She replied.

"Oh okay. So how are you feeling?" I asked Annie.

"I'm feeling much better. Thank you for everything Asher." She said smiling and then kissed me.

"Anything for you Annie." I said smiling.

_________________________________
Aww Asher is a sweetheart 🥰🤣💗