4

Asher's POV

I couldn't stop smiling after Annie left my room. She seems nice, maybe this hospital stay won't be so bad after all. Then it hit me, I don't actually know how badly I'm injured. I tried to get up, but then I quickly realized that I couldn't. I'm not paralyzed, am I? I yell for the doctors to come in and they rush in super fast.

"What's wrong Asher?" A nurse asked me.

"I-I can't move." I said.

"Yeah that's because of the fractures in your legs, I'll get Dr. Smith to explain all your injuries for you." she replied politely.

The nurse walked out of my room and a few minutes later Dr. Smith came in.

"Hello Asher. How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Why can't I move?" I asked him

"Asher, in the accident you fractured both of your legs, desolated your shoulder, and you hit your head. Your legs and shoulder should get better but you'll have to stay in the hospital and do physical therapy after you've healed." Said Dr. Smith.

"Thank you." I replied

"You're welcome Asher." 

A few minutes after Dr. Smith left my room I got a text from Lauren.

Lauren: Hey Asher, how you feeling? I was wondering if I could come visit you.

Asher: Hey Lauren, I'm feeling a little bit better. Yeah you can come visit today if you'd like.

Lauren: Okay thank you! I'll see you later.

Lauren came an hour later. She was very upset and looked like she'd been crying.

"Hey." She said quietly.

"Hey Lauren." I said.

"Asher, I'm so sorry. I never meant for any of this to happen to you. If I could go back in time and change everything I would." She said.

"Oh Lauren come here," I pulled her in for a hug "None of this is your fault. You're a careful driver, I know it. I know you never wanted this to happen. How's Johnny doing?" I asked.

"He's not doing well Asher. I don't know what I'd do if he dies!" She cried.

"Oh Lauren, don't think like that. He'll be fine, he's strong and we both know that." I told her.

"Yeah, you're right. Thank you Asher. I got to go now but I'll come visit you soon."

"No problem, anytime and yeah see you soon." I said as she walked out of my room.

Annie's POV

I heard Asher's monitor beep rapidly. I sat up in my bed and look toward his room. I heard him yell for the doctors and they rushed into his room. Then a nurse came out of his room and came back with Dr. Smith. Oh no! Is he okay? I hope he's okay. About ten minutes later Dr. Smith leaves his room and everything seems to be fine. Oh thank god that Asher is okay.

An hour later a blonde girl walks into his room. She looks upset. Who is she, I wonder. Then it hit me, is she his girlfriend. I never thought that he could have a girlfriend. Then she got on his bed and they hugged for a minute and after the hug was over she was standing again.

After about 15 minutes of overthinking and wondering, I decided to go to the cafeteria. I search for my friend Nadia because I texted her to meet me here.

"Hey Annie! Over here!" I hear her call.

I walk over to the table she's sitting at and I sit down beside her. Nadia lives in the hospital as well. She's in here for a heart disease and is waiting for a new heart just like me. We met about 6 months ago when I first got diagnosed and we have been best friends since. Nadia had already been in here for a few months before I arrived though.

"Have you talked to Asher today" Nadia asked me.

"No not today. I saw a girl go into his room today. She was blonde and super pretty. They seem close. She went in really upset and when she left looking better. They did hug for a few minutes but right after the hug ended she was standing again." I explained.

"Maybe do you think he has a girlfriend?" She asked me.

"I don't know, maybe." I said with a sigh

"I think you should talk to him about it." She told me.

"Uhh.. I don't think that's a good idea. I mean we aren't anything, we've only talked once." I told her.

"Okay. Whatever you think is best." Nadia said

Nadia always knows what to say. I wonder how she does it sometimes.

As I pass Asher's room I hear him call my name.

"Hey Annie!" He called.

________________________________-

What do you guys think of this chapter?

And for anyone wonder Nadia's last name is Turner.