WORRY.

It started out with short glances at other women that you didn't think much of. Connor had always had a little staring problem, it was never a problem for you though. Everything about him was perfect to you. His voice, the way he always played with that coin, and sometimes even the ring on his finger. But you've started to notice those quick glances lasting longer.

And it worried you.

Were you not good enough for him?

You didn't notice anything particularly enticing about the women he stared at. He might just be tired of you. He was a perfect android after all, you could only last so long. You found yourself restless every time you would be in bed, his arm thrown across your waist. Did he want someone else in your place? Was he thinking of another women?

When you were both at work you hated yourself for thinking Connor would be off cheating on you. But with each passing day, every outing, it got more and more noticeable. You got more and more depressed.

What confused you was the way he always looked at you, never failing to make you feel important, loved. When you were at home he'd walk up behind you and kiss the back of your neck, rub his hand up your sides. Distract you from what you were doing. He always wanted to relax with you, hold your hand and mess with the medal band around your finger. When he had you in bed he took care of you, making sure you were taken care of before ever focusing on himself. It was so perfect. The mornings after those doubts would be long gone, until you caught him staring again. Maybe he was tired of just focusing on you.

You found yourself crying alone when he was gone, so worried that he was tired of you. Crying because you knew he wouldn't do that, but couldn't deny the evidence.

Hank had noticed your sudden depression whenever Connor was away. He had questioned it, only getting and 'I'm fine' from you each time. But as the weeks went on he noticed all the things that were off about you. You didn't smile as much, frowned more often. Your eyes even seemed less bright. So he cornered you, forcing you to talk. He was completely surprised to have you burst into tears, sobbing onto his shoulder. You voiced your worries in broken sobs and cries, but even Hank didn't think Connor would do such a thing.

But It grew harder and harder to get the nasty feeling out of you. When Connor would get home from a day in field you found it heartbreaking that you even thought he could do anything to hurt you.

-

You leaned against the counter as you cleaned the dishes, watching suds flow off the plate into the drain. The water splashed a little when you set the plate of the counter, wetting your shirt in the process. You sighed and shut off the water, staying there and staring into the sink.

You gasped when two hands landed on your sides, a pair of lips pressing against the back of your neck. "What are you doing, Hun?" Connor could always sneak up on you, he never failed to surprise you.

"Just washing dishes." You replied, drying your hands off and turning in his grip. He stared down into your eyes, a small smile of his face. A smile snuck its way onto your face as well.

He leaned down and kissed you, sliding his hands from your hips to grab your hands. "I have a surprise for you." He whispered against your lips, not an ounce of seduction hidden within the words. You tilted your head to the side, something you had developed over the years you've been with him.

He pulled you into the living room and sat you down onto the couch. You watched his retreating form as he disappeared further into the house. Silently, you wondered what he was up to. You started fiddling with your wedding ring, staring down at it as it held onto your finger.