Chapter 4

It was silent for a few minutes until Dani spoke up, "Did Christina whoop you?" Dani asked noting Lauren's beat up figure and Lauren shook her head. "You know a conversation requires us both to talk." Lauren nodded looking around Dani's room. She was fascinated by the bedroom, she hadn't been in one for a long time. She slept on the couch at her sister Lisa's apartment throughout her teenage years. Now she just found a bench to sleep on. Before that she was just in a run down orphanage that was definitely not home waiting for Lisa to come save her. "Well who beat you up?" Dani asked and Lauren stopped looking around. For the first time Dani noticed some childlike innocent in her eyes. Her usually cold brown eyes had a bit of warmth in them as they seemed lost, looking at Dani. It made Dani's lip curl up a little like when seeing a puppy.

"My sister." Lauren finally answered Dani happy she got the girl to talk. Her happiness quickly turned to sadness though thinking of someone's own sister beating them up.

She stared at Lauren's dislodged shoulder, "Does it hurt?" Lauren nodded sitting on the ground as far away from Dani's bed as possible. "Why'd your sister hit you?" Dani asked and Lauren seemed to curl into herself.

"She didn't know it was me. I broke into her house this afternoon to give her money."

Dani's eyes widened as she was flabbergasted, "Let me get this straight, she hit you for giving her money." Lauren nodded having been leaving the house when Lisa attacked her. Lauren ran out without looking back and since she was wearing her big coat and a winter hat, there was no reason for her older sister to not attack her. "Why'd you break into her house? Why not just ring the doorbell?" Dani asked studying the girl. Dani had arguments with her sister usually from being a sassy little sister like she should be. Lauren had arguments of Lisa kicking her out of the house threatening to call the cops last night.

"Got a new shipment last night of hallucinogens. They were a lot stronger than I expected. I broke her camera and keyboard." Lauren explained her voice getting softer each time clearly feeling guilting for ruining her sisters most prized possessions. She wasn't 100% sure if Lisa didn't know it was her today but it made her less sad thinking that. Dani was busy in her head arguing knowing Lauren was bad for her. She didn't see the bad drug dealer right now. She saw a lonely, lost, and beautiful girl. Lauren curled up in a sad little ball taking her jacket off to use is as a blanket.

"Goodnight Lauren." Dani turned the lights off smiling at the cute sleepy girl.

Don't forget to vote and comment! I want to know your thoughts.