Chapter 7

Dani had no idea where Lauren would go. She didn't know anything about the girl besides her name and 'profession'. Also that she had recently fought with her sister. Dani drove around looking for Lauren. She couldn't have gotten that far. Dani quickly came to a stop when she saw a small figuring stopped the street in front if her. What kind of idiot stands in the middle of the street. Dani honked trying to make the dingbat move and the person didn't move. Dani drove slowly closer grabbing her phone. To use as a weapon or to call the cops about the disorderly conduct she couldn't decide until she saw who it was.

"Lauren." Lauren didn't respond and seemed to be lost in her own world. Dani had never seen the girl without her bulky jacket on and Dani got lost in her own world for a second. Lauren wasn't just a dirty drug dealer she was a supermodel. Dani put her hazards on and got out of the car slowly grabbing the pepper spray from her glove compartment first. She didn't trust Lauren, and this was reminding her if every zombie video game she ever played or of people getting mugged for being good samaratains. "Hey Lauren let's get you out of the road." Dani told the older girl as she reached her Lauren's eyes landing on Dani. Lauren smiled goofily surprising Dani because first off she wasn't really expecting a reaction and secondly it was really cute. "Lauren are you on something?" Dani asked never thinking to ask the obvious question.

"No, I gave Moose all the drugs and all the money." Dani raised one eyebrow. She knew Lauren had hallucinagins because that's why her older sister got mad at her. This Moose was probably a figure if her imagination.

"Why'd you do that?" Dani asked trying to keep conversation going.

"Because I love her, even though she hit me and doesn't love me back." A lightbulb went off in Dani's head. Moose is Lauren's older sister, maybe Lauren's actually not high and just really strange. Dani led Lauren to Dani's car setting her in the back seat.

"I'm sure she loves you. You seem very lovable." Her eyes at least couldn't move away from this girl. It also probably had to do with the fact that Dani was 'boy crazy' or in her case 'girl crazy'. Her eyes would be her sin because she was into very appealing things such as colors and people.

"No, do you have a jacket?" Lauren asked feeling very self conscious of her small body. Her jacket was like a suit of armor and without it she was a weak vulnerable human versus strong dragons. Dani wasn't a dragon but she was taller than her.

"I don't have one on me, but we can go buy one." Lauren shook her head for two reasons she didn't have money but the main one being her anxiety levels would go through the roof. Dani was sad about Lauren's refusal but didn't push. "Do you need me to take you anywhere?" Dani asked for some reason just wanting Lauren to be as comfortable as possible. It wasn't in Dani's personality to act like this so it felt oddly filling. Like she was missing it.

"I don't have anywhere to go." Dani barely caught the sentence.

"You can come back to my house and we can figure out how to fix your shoulder." Dani didn't wait for an answer and started driving back to her house. Lauren was squirming in her seat not wanting to see Dani's siblings again especially Amy. "You're just wound up aren't you?" Dani asked putting a hand on Lauren's tensed up shoulder. Lauren confirmed her statement by jerking away. "I could have just left you in the middle of the road." Dani snipped mad at the unfriendliness of her copilot.

"Sorry I'm just nervous." Lauren responded softly. Dani chuckled the big bad wolf being scared. "Thanks for saving me."

"Thanks for saving me." Lauren looked at Dani confused.

"How'd I save you?" Lauren asked knowing she was nothing but a bad influence.

"Your drugs have saved my life countless times." Lauren rolled her eyes at me a smile of disbelief on her face.

"Tell that to your sister."

"She's just protective, but she's a ray of sunshine." Dani pulled into her driveway. "You any good at second impressions?"