Chapter 10

"I'm so sorry about what happened to Bearded Dragon man," Leonard spoke softly. He was trotting down the sidewalk with Snowball, Ozone and Pepe. They were on their way back home after the funeral. There was not a single dry eye. Snowball's face was completely soaked in his own tears. "It's alright, it was bound to happen one day..." the white rabbit mumbled, wiping his blue eyes as he continued, "I just didn't expect it to be so soon..."

"Yeah, especially after we all lost Sweetpea yesterday. Did you find the murderer yet?" Ozone asked. Meanwhile, Leonard continued walking forward while Pepe went to relieve himself by a fire hydrant. Sighing quietly, Snowball shook his head sadly. Rubbing his forehead with one of his paws, he went on, "I want to say it's a cat but the cut is too clean and too big."

"May I suggest we accuse a certain pigeon?" Ozone proposed.

"There's no evidence that it was him you idiot!" Snowball retorted, whacking his comrade on the back of the head. Sighing long and hard, he noticed that Pepe was now walking alongside them. He glanced over at Leonard, who was currently about four feet in the lead.

Just then, everyone heard a loud snap. A second later, Leonard disappeared under a giant grand piano...