Chapter 35

The Next Morning...

When the sun came up with the birth of a new day, everyone was thankful when they saw that no one had gone to the afterlife during the night. However, everyone was still really scared for their lives. And Ozone claimed he had a dream that he had been crushed by something. A meeting was being held in Max and Duke's apartment.

"So... you found a way to destroy this guy?" Max asked. He didn't want to doubt Snowball since all of their lives were at stake here. He desperately wanted this entire living nightmare to be over. But he wasn't sure if the plan, whatever it was, would work. Just then, the terrier was snapped out of his thoughts. Shaking himself, Max looked up to find Snowball up on the table.

"Guys, there is a way to destroy Scourge. And we have to do it before he strikes again," Snowball began. He was about to say more but was interrupted when Mel whimpered, "What happens if we don't?" The pug was still frightened about what happened yesterday. His friend patted him on the back reassuringly. Rubbing his forehead, Snowball explained, "I'm just saying that because I don't want anyone else to die."

"Oh..." Mel mumbled.

"What we have to do is find his grave, dig it up and set his bones on fire," Snowball declared. Jaw dropping, Duke protested, "That's disrespectful! We shouldn't be digging up someone's grave! It's wrong!"

"Do you want to die?!" Chloe hissed, silencing Duke.

"And we have to make sure that it's not a little fire, it has to be a big bonfire," Snowball concluded. Max's heart started pounding when he heard that. His thoughts wandered off to his nightmare. Meanwhile, Gidget tried her best to keep him calm. Clearing his throat, Buddy piped up, "Where's his grave?"

"No one really knows. There's fifteen possible locations, fourteen being in Brooklyn. We're assuming it's over there," Ozone answered. Nodding his head gratefully to the hairless feline, Snowball added on, "What we're going to do is split up into two groups, start digging up the graves and burn the bones. Everyone takes a gallon of gasoline and matches."

"I say we just take the fight to him," Tiberius snarled, speaking for the first time. Everyone turned to look at the old hawk who had been alone in a corner. His bloodshot eyes blazed with grief and rage as he continued, "We face him in our dreams and kill him." Eyes widening when she heard that, Gidget padded over to her friend. "Please don't tell me you're going to do that," she begged. The hawk didn't answer right away, just gazing off into the distance.

"Answer the question," Chloe ordered. Sighing, Tiberius muttered, "I'm doing it today while you guys go grave digging."