Chapter 25

Racing across a field of dandelions, Norman laughed cheerfully as the fuzz decorated the air, blowing in the wind. Wearing a huge smile, he jumped up and down, trying to catch some of them. Giggling, he continued this game for quite sometime. But then he heard a voice calling out to him. It wasn't a voice he had ever heard of before though. Confused, he turned around.

"Oh, hi there!" Norman squeaked cheerfully to the giant wolf with long claws and red eyes who was standing behind him. Smiling back, the wolf replied back, "Hey there little guy." Turning to head towards the trees, he swished his tail and spoke sweetly, "Come on, I want to show you something." Interested, Norman followed the wolf without a second thought.

They walked for a little bit under the trees until the wolf stopped in his tracks. Norman stopped as well. Pointing at a small hole, the wolf whispered, "Look what's down in there." Very curious, Norman obeyed and peered down to see a snake of some kind. Sitting behind the young guinea pig, the wolf explained, "It's a rattlesnake. Their venom is quite remarkable. Do you want to touch it?" Norman was already in the process of reaching out towards it...

-----

"Tiberius! Wake up! Wake up!" Norman cried cheerfully the next morning. Groaning, Tiberius murmured, "Five more minutes..." The guinea pig continued shaking the old hawk's shoulder as he squeaked happily, "But I had this really cool dream! This giant wolf with long claws showed me-"

Jolting awake instantly, Tiberius scooped up Norman in his wings and held him close. "Not another word about a wolf, you hear me?!" he cried, looking the guinea pig in the eye. Sighing, Norman mumbled, "Okay..."