Dream Of The Piano

-Kaede POV-

I hear Shuichi come into the dorm as i monch on some animal crackers, "Hey Shuichi!" i stand putting down the crackers on my desk. He takes ofF his beanie and slumps onto his bed "Its so tiring to move so many supplies to the cafeeee." He complains.

I let out a light chuckle, its rare to see Shuichi in such a mood.

"Well we needed to get them to Hajime's group! They would starve if not." I smile and sit back down in my chair only to spring back up again "That right! We need to patrol!" I yell just as Kaito enters "Oh! Your right, come on side kick!" Kaito yells enthusiastically as he begins to run out of the room.

"Thats the name..." Shuichi says tiredly starting to stand but i stop him "Ill take your round, just this once. Get some rest side kick!" i yell as i run out the door to follow Kaito.

I Finally catch up once he stops at the gate with Maki "Huh? Oh Kaede! Did ya wanna join us?" Kaito asks "Im going to fill in for Shuichi today, he was tired after moving so many boxes to and fro."

Kaito nods "Alright then! Lets head out,  Kirumi the gate!" Kirumi nods from the fence walk and starts to open the gate with the wheel.

We walk out and i take out my pistol as Kaito loads his shotgun.

As we walk around birds begin to sing "Its amazing how birds still manage to find food..." I say looking up at the trees.

Suddenly i hear a tussle in a bush causing us to all get into fight stances "Do you think its a deer?" Kaito whispers to Maki "To small...it might just be a monster...maybe a small bear." she replies.

"Lets rush it then..." Kaito says, i nod and he puts up three fingers.

3

2

1

We  all rush at the bush and stop when we see the small purple haired girl falls on her butt.

...

"Oh shit!" Kaito cusses as he lowers his gun "Sorry Mikan!" he reaches his hand out for Mikan which she takes.

"Sorry we thought you were a monster! Any ways, why are you out here?" He presses as she dusts herself off and mutters "Pepper got out so i went looking for her...I f-found her though...." She turns and Peppers head pops out from her bag making a soft mewl.

She runs back in the direction of the Camp, Maki sighs "Hope she doesnt do that often, her life isnt worth a cats." Kaito chuckles nervously...

We stand there, quietly.

A scream rings through my ears as all of us turn "Mikan!" I yell running full speed to the scream "Kaede!" I hear Maki yell but I can't stop now.

"..."

Blood everywhere, Mikans body limp as a blood zombie chews into her neck.

It's black.

I hear voices....

Shuichi? Kaito? Maki?

"- he —- di- though!" I hear Shuichi yell at someone.

I flutter my eyes open, taking a second to the darkness.
Shuichi, Kaito, Peko and Maki stare at me "Oh my god..." Shuichi mumbles tearing up.
He latches himself onto me "I-I thought you w-were going to die a-and i was s-so scared..." I shakily put my hand on his shoulder and turn to Maki.

"H-how long have I b-been...out?" I say scratchily my throat dry "A-and can I g-get some water." I add

Maki nods and walks off "Almost two days." Kaito says leaning back and rubbing g his head.

Maki returns and hands be a cup of water, I take a sip "Thank you."

Shuichi rubs tears from his eyes "I shouldn't of let you go...I know how you get around blood."  I shake my head "You wouldn't of know this would of happened."

Then it sets in.

Mikan's dead....i start to tear up and I see Shuichi panic "Kaede! Whats wrong are you hurt? In pain?!?!"

"M-Mikan! M-m-Milan oh god!" I cry he tilts his head then it clicks "Oh Kaede...." He holds my hand as I rub a tear away.

Kokichi POV

Ive been walking for forever! The heat is getting to me.... I breathe hard as I walk, my impending asthma closing in on my delicate lungs.

I decide to collapse right then and there, as I sit on the warm soil I breathe "B-Bloody hell!" I whisper yell regardless of any monster that could be lurking around any corner

Immediately I cover my mouth with my hands looking around silently panicking

Nothing but wind and the panicked breathing I'm letting out.

I sigh standing and dusting myself off

It was so silent but deadly, if He had not been listening he would of missed the low growl that had gurgled from behind him. 

He whips around taking out his pistol and aiming at a...cat? He kneels down and looks at its collar

"Pepper..?"