Pretty Awkward Things

This morning my aunt practically tried to force me into attending church, but I didn't like the fact that I'd have to wear a dress twice in a row. So, I declined only to be given the task of cleaning up the house. I didn't see the point in that because apparently Susan and Greg didn't like living in separate homes which mean we'd be moving into Greg's home pretty soon.

My only issue with that was the Hemmings residence was far too classy and elegant for my liking and I had no clue how they did it. Having people do things for you twenty-four seven sounds like it would be "the life", but in reality it's pretty lazy. I'm in no position to call anyone lazy because I'm quite lazy myself, but I have two feet and a heart beat; I can do it on my own.

As I sweep the kitchen floor a knock comes from the front of the house. I prop the broom against the yellow walls and walk through my home. I unlock the door and pull it open revealing a smiling Ashton. I take a breath before speaking.

"How do you know where I live?" I furrow my eyebrows at him. Without my permission he walks through the door and I spot the whole crew. I leave the door so they can come in and cross my arms as they file inside carrying various items. Michael is carrying a gaming console, Luke has his arms full of junk food, and the tan one (I have yet to find out his name) is carrying beer.

"What are you all doing here?"

"We had no where else to play video games." Michael shrugs as he hooks up the system to my living room tv.

"And you're here because?"

"Oh, ya see," Ashton starts, "Michael got kicked out of his apartment, Cal's mom hates us all, and Luke's house is too far away."

"What about your home?"

"I live by myself, but they all despise my place." He says and all the boys groan in agreement.

"How did you know where I lived?"

"Michael told us." The tanned guy, Calum I'm assuming, speaks up with a laugh. I roll my eyes and pull Ashton by his hand near the staircase.

"I don't appreciate you and your friends barging into my home as if it's some video game shelter."

"Look, we had no where else to go. Plus Mike is really upset about getting evicted and we know playing the Xbox will cheer him up." Ash plays with the ends of my hair as he explains himself.

"Fine, you can stay." I say before smacking his hand away from me, "but I'm still mad at you for being rude to me Friday."

I walk off and plant myself on the couch next to Calum. He offers me a beer, but I decline. I don't feel like drinking right now. Later, maybe.

.

.

Hours later my aunt arrives and greets all of us and heads into the kitchen to prep for dinner. Ashton and Calum decide it's time for them to get going. My mind instantly minds me that Michael is practically homeless and he may or may not have anywhere to go. As they start to leave I bid them goodbyes, but stop Ash.

"Does Michael have some where to go?" I ask concerned. Michael has been quite the asshole towards me, but I'm not going to let him sleep on the street.

"I don't know, he'll probably crash with a girl he meets." He shrugs and leaves after everyone. As I begin to shut the door I hear Michael's voice.

"... yeah, guys. My ride is coming. I'll see you tomorrow." I watch as the the candy van backs out of the driveway. I close the door and watch through the blinds as Michael waits until the guys are out of sight before he takes off walking. I sigh and join my aunt in the kitchen.