Trouble

The school day went by surprisingly quickly, by the time it ended I was ready for a nice, long nap. As I arrive at the specific placed I'd left my bike this morning I notice it was gone. Not wanting to immediately jump to conclusions I search the area around where it should be thoroughly, but my bike was no where to be found. A swear word quietly leaves my lips and I look around more.

Who steals a bike? It was a beat up, yellow bike at that. Not being able to wrap my head around the concept I brush away the situation and begin my walk home. I pull out my infamous red box of cigarettes and take one from the inside, bringing it to my lips then lighting it. Typically, as I walk towards the school grounds exit a vehicle pulls up beside me, but not just any vehicle. The Candy Van. I rest my eyes on the driver an they instantly narrow. I scoff and turn away.

"What do you want?" I hiss before taking a drag from my stress reliever.

"Just trying to offer a pretty little thang like yourself a ride home." The Clifford character sends a smug smirk my way. I scoff and look over at him.

"I'm fine, thanks." I say sarcastically and toss the cigarette butt to the ground.

"Come on sweetie, it'll be fun." He winks. Before I could stop myself I gather up every bit of saliva at him and spit it at him. Not expecting it to hit him, it does. And that infuriates him. With a quick slam on the brakes the guy jumps out his automobile and storms towards me. Unlike most girls, I just stood there.

"Look here, bit-h. If you do that again I'll... I'll..."

"You'll what, Clifford." I challenge bravely, raising an eyebrow. His eyes unexpectedly turn a shade lighter and his anger expression falls. He turns back back towards his vehicle and my eyes meet a pair of bright, been hazel ones. His expression is worried, but he manages to force a smile my way. I sent a quick one back and turn away from them, continuing my walk home.

Not too long afterwards the black van speeds past me and I smirk in triumph. I feel kind of proud that I pissed that Clifford guy off, he deserves it. As I continue my walk another automobile pulls up beside me. This time its an black Jeep Wrangler. I furrow my eyebrows and try to recognize the person behind the wheel. It's the cute guy from art class, Tyler.

"Need a lift?" He asks, quickly decreasing the volume of his radio. I smiles before replying.

"I'm fine, but thanks anyway." I say, even though I'd really like that ride right about now.

"You sure? I don't mind." He flashes a million dollar smiles, causing me to smile harder.

"Positive, I'm okay." I half-lie. I am okay I'm just not positive I don't want that ride.

"Okay then." He says, but he doesn't pull off. I watch intently as he removes his keys from the ignition and steps out of his vehicle.

"If you don't want to ride we'll walk." He finalizes the situation, but I quickly disagree with his decision.

"No, you shouldn't have to walk with me. Take your car." I say, standing directly in front of him as if I were stopping him from walking.

"Only if you get inside otherwise we'll be walking." He compromises. I sigh and cross my arms, fighting the smile that's forming on my lips.

"Fine, I'll get in."

.

.

During the entire ride to my house Tyler and I talked about countless things. Just trying to get to know each other a little. While we talked there was constant laughing and joking and I can honestly say that I haven't laughed or smiled this much in a while. When our laughter died down I noticed we were at my house.