Chapter Four: Play Dates

Song: Cool
Artist: Jonas Brothers

I sit here awkwardly—hoping Zach will handle this Michael dude. I know my anger will get the best of me, but...let's hope it takes a while until it finally does.

"We have never fucked, nor will we ever!" Zach smacks the wooden cafeteria table with both of his palms, making me jump slightly.

"Zach!" I shouted, locking my hands together in my lap. My hands gripped together tighter and tighter until my knuckles turned white.

"You scared me..."

I watch as Zach looks towards me, his jaw clenched. "I'm sorry, princess. Michael is just being a bitch, thinking we fucked each other!" Zach glares at Michael. In response, Michael's lips curve in a small smirk as he winks his left eye.

"I mean, who wouldn't want to fuck her?"

Why the hell is he saying these things?!

The only thing I could hear at the moment were guys agreeing with Michael, or laughing harshly.

"Shut the fuck up!" I shouted, agitated that Michael want to do...things to me.

"I'm ugly. That's the only thing you need to know about me!"

I unlocked my fingers, gripped the sides of the bottom of my chair, and shoved myself backwards.

"Times up, bitch!" I pushed myself off of the chair and turned my heel so I was facing backwards.

"Vi, wait!" I turned around and watched as Zach stood up quickly, his eye brows raised.

"Only my friends call me Vi. Remember that?" I spat.

He sighs and swipes his hand over his head, then places it in front of him swiftly. "I thought we were friends. We made some progress, didn't we?"

"Yeah, we made progress, but we were never friends, doofus."

I started walking backwards, ignoring Zach's Guy Group and their hollers for me to come back.

On the way back to my table, I see my other best friend Phoenix sitting in Kevin's old seat, staring me down with her wide eyes.

Phoenix is one of the most amazing people I have ever met. Her snow white hair mezmorizes every guy that walks by. And her light blue eyes glimmer in the sun. She also has cool outfits—crop tops, ripped jeans, and some time of sneaker or boot type thing. She is nice to most people, but once you get to know her more she gets more mean the more you annoy her. If you don't annoy her, you'll be fine in most cases.

I approached the lunch table, and sighed. "Hey, Phoenix." I greeted.

"Hey, Vi," she replied. "So, whats the deal with Zach? He's staring at you..."

Damn it!

"Not again!" I growled, plopping my butt down on the seat next to her. "He needs to look at something other than me for at least five seconds!"

I feel a vibration in my back pocket, making me jump slightly.

I grab my phone from my right pocket to see the screen illuminated with yet again, another text from Zach. Thanks, God! The text read:

I'm sorry. All of my friends are dicks...

I put my phone in my back pocket, ignoring the next texts Zach sends.

• • •

I head to my locker after last period to grab my stuff before leaving the school building. I roam the crowded halls before I finally get to my locker. I unlock my locker by turning the combination lock, then shove my books in my backpack and begin walking out of the school building, trying to remember where I parked.