Chapter Six: Cameron Henson's Anger Issues

Song: Gotta Be A Reason
Artist: Alec Benjamin

I woke up annoyed to feel something poking at my right cheek.

I swear if it's Kairi waking me up to make her eggs...

"Hey, Moody," I immediately open my eyes to see Zach, shirtless.

His muscles...they're huge...

"Wake up. We gotta go to school,"

It was only then that I realized I was laying on top of him. My arms basically squeezing his torso.

Well, this is awkward.

I felt a wave of blush splash onto my face as I quickly squirmed away and off of him. Zach chuckled quietly and rolled himself off of the bed and stood on his carpeted bedroom floor.

I sighed in frustration and raked my hands through my dark brown hair.

"Zach, I didn't bring anything for school!" I whined, finally realizing I'm almost screwed.

He began laughing and gawked at me.

"Right...we probably should've thought about that," he replied, walking into his bathroom.

"We can go to your house on the way to school and you can grab your things, or whatever."

I stood up and walked over to his nightstand and grabbed my phone, only to find eleven missed calls and messages. "Shit, I forgot to tell my mom I was staying over!" I quickly opened my phone.

I pulled up her number and pressed "call," holding the phone near my ear.

After one short ring, my mom picked up. "Victoria, where the hell are you?!" Her terrified voice boomed through the speaker of my phone. I squinted my eyes, ready for a storm of anger from my mom. Mom never swears unless I'm in trouble.

"Is Kairi with you? Are you still at the Herron's?"

I looked over at Zach, who was peeking his cute little face out of the doorway, his eyebrows perched up and a toothbrush lodged in his mouth.

I turned away from him and said into my phone, "Yes, Mom, I'm fine. Kairi wanted to stay the night and I didn't want her to be here alone,"

"You didn't have sex, did you?" Her voice sounded frightened.

I instantly felt heat rise into my cheeks. "No!" I exclaimed.

"Why would you think that?! Gross!"

I couldn't believe what I had just heard. I quickly hung up and threw my phone onto the bed.

"Wait...she thinks we had sex?" Zach's voice made me jump slightly.

How long has he been behind me?

I slowly turned my heel around and faced Zach behind me. "Time to get ready for school! Do you have any toothbrushes I could use? What about brushes? No? Okay, I'll just leave," I said, feeling very awkward and embarrassed.

As I walked out his bedroom door, I was grabbed and pulled back in. "You are forgetting your sister... and my ride," Zach reminded me, dragging me by the right arm and back into his room.

Ok. I give up.

I ended up using an unused toothbrush from Zach's mom's closet (she has everything in there!) and Reese's Princess Merida hairbrush. After Zach bugged me for a straight twenty minutes about my "clothes being dirty" and my "socks being stinky" I gave in and put on one of his red hoodies, a pair of his knee-high Nike socks, and a pair of his ripped jeans. Yes, I'm wearing dirty underwear, but I will never wear Zach Herron's boxers. I refuse.