~Pair Symbolism~

Philosophically speaking, Naruto Manga falls under the category of what the reputed philologist Karl Morgenstern contrived as a 'Bildungsroman', artfully construed under the paradigm of the Yin-yang dichotomy, as an ample Buddhist philosophical depiction of cosmogony.

In literature, a Bildungsroman titillates the reader's imagination with a grandiloquent exposee of a character's complete development to adulthood bespeckled with his most intimate worldview in relation to his Life Purpose, his Goals, his most coveted Aspirations.

Starting with the main hero of the series Uzumaki Naruto as the pioneer of a prophet with a messianic role in the Feudal Society of Japan, reigned by almighty ninja hierarchy and life goals, all the characters in Naruto have been equipped with a seamless character development from birth to adulthood and beyond.

Knitted with the author's genius stroke of Japanese elegance, allegorical composition and stealthy wisdom, Sasuke and Sakura's characters flourished into a superb spectacle of poetic metaphors, insightful life philosophy governed by the sumptuous knowledge and versatility of the author in the grande tomes of the pioneers of philosophy - - Arthur Schopenhauer, Machiavelli, Kant, Hegel.

Symbolically Haruno Sakura tipifies the idyllic romanticized version of unyielding boundariless love that HEALS/SOOTHES/CLEANSES.

A timeless love blooming and evolving under the pennon of what the author presents as an ideal, an unreachable aspiration, an paradigm of pure, unadulterated, unconditional love that can only be portrayed in classic literature.

Sasuke and Sakura follow the same pillar that support the entire skeleton of this complex Manga, namely the communion of Yin and Yang as intrinsec values of the Universe itself.

Sasuke as the epitome of Uchiha clan's most vivid and exuberant tragic and realistic dynamic, aligns to the antagonists of the Manga who represent the perfect contraposition to the hero's humanist vision of the world.

Naruto's life philosophy crayons the author's personal answer to a grave universal quest: how can humankind acquire universal peace? Idillically Naruto, depicted in perfect antithesis to the main antagonist Sasuke represents the Yang aside of the coin, the humanist peaceful and diplomatic approach that eventually leads to cooperation and peace.

Sasuke on the other hand, is portrayed as a sublime representative of the theories of nihilism/negativism with deep philosophic implications into the ontology of Arthur Schopenhauer, as life itself is nothing but an anachronism, an intrinsec incessant source of conflict and pain encumbering a sentient being from the day he was born.

And thus Sasuke's character struggle marred by a strong torment of existentialism, wades into the origins of pain itself presented as the Yin side, the spiritual part, the darkness, the critical thinker, the eternally scarred philosopher who lives under the burden of questioning his life purpose and negating the humanist idealized version of the world.

As the Manga brimms with ample epistles of Japanese wisdom and subtle messages for the readers in respect to life's gravest themes in mellifluent juxtaposition to the evolution of Japan's modern society, the final message of the manga settles with a humanist vision of the world as a way to acquire peace, cease conflict and bring people happiness and peace of mind

Sakura's exuberance intimately evolves as an answer to Sasuke's torturous demons, his radical negativism, the phantasms of his own haunting lucidity, soothing his soul from the torment of self-reflective existentialism.

Sakura's crucial character insertion on the dynamics of the Manga's citadel perfectly mirrors the syncopes of the modern society.

Kakashi himself reflects on the bridge after Sasuke killed Danzo under the bloody oath of revenge that Sasuke is the product of the contemporary society's flaws.