"Daisy doesn't love you!"

"Daisy doesn't love you, your wife never loved you!" Gatsby blurts out, insensitively as he whirls around to face Tom's angered face.

"Ha, you wish, Mr. Gatsby, my wife loves me!" Tom replies almost as he knows, he's just trying to convince himself of it.

"You don't know what you're talking about, old sport!"

"I think I do, Daisy..." Tom strides abruptly over to Daisy and stands in front of her.

"What do you want to hear, Tom?" Daisy stands up, matching his stance as she crosses her arms.

It's like she's looking a demon right in the face, an egotistical demon.

"You know what I want to hear, Daisy!" he answers, coldness running through his voice.

"I do."

"Daisy, please..." Gatsby pleads, asking too much of her.

"Jay, please!" Daisy's angelic voice breaks, turning back to Tom.

"Tom...this is already difficult, do you think you're helping?" Daisy yells at him, mascara streaking her face.

"Daisy..." his voice softens as he tries to caress her cheek but she steps away, looking down at the ground.

"Tom, I want you to leave!"

"Daisy..."

"Tom, leave!"

"Fine, but Gatsby won't bother you anymore, he knows his little flirtation is over," Tom replies harshly as he leaves the room.

Breaking down in tears, Daisy sits down in a chair, burying her head in her hands.

Looking around, Gatsby makes eye contact with Nick.

Nick, seeing that Gatsby doesn't know what to do, beckons him over.

"You asked too much of her, you can't do that to her, you should apologize," Nick whispers to Gatsby.

Looking over at Daisy, Gatsby sighs, knowing he's messed up any chance with her.

He had a chance, but he's diminished it by now.

"Jay..." Daisy whispers, slightly looking over her shoulder at him.

"Daisy, I-I'm sorry, I asked too much of you, I-"

"Jay, I do love you, but...I don't think I can do this anymore,"

"I understand, I knew I lost my chance, I just wanted to repeat the past," he blurts out suddenly.

"Y-You what Jay?" she turns around, her tear-stained face gleams in the sun.

"B-But I can't repeat the past, I know that now, an old sport told me of that!" showing his award-winning smile.

"You want me to repeat that past of loneliness, fear, desperation, and sadness? Daisy asks, her sweet voice floating through the air, sweetening it.

"O-of course not, you were lonely and sad?" he asks, concern lining his voice.

"Without you Jay, life can be fleetingly long, filled with loneliness and sadness, I thought I had lost you..." her face looking like the rain that occurred that afternoon they had tea.

"Well, you didn't, I'm here."

"You left me, Jay, I didn't know if you'd come back or not, you left me wondering if you'd ever come back!"

"You put me through all that pain, all that sadness, then I found Tom and decided I'd marry him because I thought you dead!" she screams, her voice suffocating in her tears as she poured her heart and soul out to Gatsby.

Standing there stunned, he moves toward her, guilt fanning his face.

His voice breaking he replies, "I wanted to come back to you Daisy, believe me, I did, I swore that to myself one night on the battlefield."

"I told myself I could never leave you alone, and look at what I caused you, pain, sorrow, loneliness, and sadness!"

"Stay with Tom, he won't ever leave you as I did, he knows better than to leave a pearl-like you waiting."

"I regret every moment I stayed, but my officer didn't allow me back at the time, but when I came back, I saw the papers and I knew you didn't wait for me," sadness fills his eyes.

"Believe me, I did want to wait for you Jay, but my life had to move on without you, and I had waited long enough..."

"Oh, how I've missed you, Gatsby!" she throws her arms around him, encircling his waist like a belt and pulling him close to her.

"We're here now, aren't we?" Daisy's sweet voice makes him fall in love with her every time.

"We are, but I am not able to stay with you..." silence is the loudest sound that fills the room.

For moments, Daisy contemplates the situation.

"Jay..." she starts, pulling away from him as she looks into his eyes.

"Yes, Daisy?" he asks, lust fills his eyes like tears as he looks at her.

"I-I mean I want to start over with you, I want a new beginning!" she exclaims, realizing the solution.

"D-Daisy, please, you couldn't possibly..." with one swift motion, Daisy brings Gatsby in for a kiss.

Jordan and Nick, feeling awkward, get up to leave.

Closing the door ever so quietly, they sneak out in the hallway and down the stairs to wait out near the car.

"Daisy and Gatsby, huh?" Jordan smirks, looking at Nick.

He smiles and replies, "He finally got what he wanted."

"That he did, the only problem left is Tom," she brings up.

"I got so caught up in what Gatsby and Daisy were doing, I had forgotten what happened with Tom earlier."

"I wonder if he'll do anything rash!" Nick thinks out loud.

"Ha, it's Tom, what do you think?" Jordan snickers, playing with her beads.

Almost like the band is playing upstairs, Jordan and I look over at each other, smiling awkwardly.

"Umm..." Jordan clears her throat looking around.

Meanwhile...

"J-Jay, I love you!" Daisy whispers as Gatsby pulls her closer.

"I. Love. You. Too. Daisy!" Gatsby says words in between kissing her.