the last sunset of albuquerque (jenlisa)

2. almost home // alex & sierra 

[ jenlisa — slowburn & smut ]

...

It was fourth of July. Of course, the usual big gig in a full house drunk-dead pub was the thing that the band did to celebrate. Wild music, dancing, singing, confetti, party drugs, alcohol, reckless college kids and of course my life of the party - Jennie. This is the third consecutive time she's appeared to me at the same occasion. A lady of New York whom I never got to figure out for the last three years.

She has appeared again. To caper me with all her heart for a day and leave the next.

I still remember the first time I saw her, she was in the bar section, part of the silent crowd with her hair tied up in a bun, hoop earrings hanging under her lavish neck, and a black off shoulder ensemble. I was hooked by her sophistication once I spotted her above stage. I was covering 1975's fallingforyou at that time and oh did the song rhymed so well to the beauty that I saw. Of course, I approached her only because I wasn't sober at that time. Then the night fell into bliss and little did I knew that the feeling she'd give would haunt my heart for a long time. I only got her first name on that morning. Myself was barely awake but I remember she whispered her name so dearly that from then on it was the only word I kept searching for after she left. Jennie, soft as a cotton did her voice tingled as if it was the right moment to fall in love. But I knew it wasn't, it just couldn't happen. Even if my heart desperately wanted to.

Was she cruel? Yes. But also was she lovely. I could drug myself of her forever.

"Hey, beautiful." I immediately smiled as we met gazes. She's here again. At the same chair at the bar section. But this time her hair was down with the same ash brown, she had no earrings, she had transparent glasses on but still had that aura you just fall for every time. "Lisa. We've met again." She said.

"For the third time." I specifically added. She huffed, "You dyed your hair." Jen said as she scans me. I quickly got conscious and tucked my blonde strands over my ear, "Oh, yeah. Black bored me out already." I responded. "What about you? New glasses?" I asked.

"Oh, right. College. Apparently it's a need there." She expressed as I raised my eyebrows. I only knew now. Actually, I was surprised. "Wow. I didn't knew that. I mean - how's the shitty life you've chosen?" I asked worrying if she'll understand my sarcasm but quickly got relieved when she reacted with a laugh, "Pft. You're right I feel like 40." She replied.

"I'm almost your age too. Believe me, this music thing stings my skin sometimes." I expressed as I inched my body closer, but with caution. "Hmm. Did the fun fade out?" Jennie asked as her feline eyes stabbed mine. Was I falling for her again?

I smirked and huffed, "It only did because you weren't there." I pulled the trigger. And yes, the stealthy eye contact began. Reading every movement and body language. She was there for some skin, and gratefully I was on turbo mode too. The fantasies that have built me up to this moment has divulged into lust. Wanting her to want me.

"So." I bit my lower lip out of hesitance as she stares intently to me, "The last time we've talked. You've promised me something." I said without missing a beat and in a snap I just felt tense and edgy. She didn't respond or did anything. She just stared at me. Quietly. Subtly. Sensuously.

Yet after awhile, I realized her answer was in between her eyes and the silence. I could only smile.

...

We were furious, okay. 

But ain't all good fucking do?

Like scavengers who've finally gone out of starvation. It's just because craving for her flesh has been a long time struggle and now that I have her all over my fingers, my body couldn't stop to feel her. Control her. Be enticed. She lingers through me and my flesh wants her to.