before the dawn breaks (chaennie)

5. willamette stone // heart like yours

this one's for my soulmate, tc. you have my heart.

[ chaennie - angst, highschool & fluff ]

I didn't really want to acknowledge it, because I knew deep inside i'd be damned. Just staring at her hazel eyes perfectly hitting the sunlight on a springy hazy monday morning during our geography class didn't help the worsening emotions swirling up my guts. It was California, almost everybody had brown eyes, but I wonder why my lungs only ache whenever I see hers. Like it was a swirling pool of star dusts, and I'd drown if I don't dive in. It was absurd but it was real for me. Despite of Roseanne being too good to be real. How can such a human I've known in a distance for barely six months intimidate me inside?

"Hey, Jennie." Sophia, a typical Chinese American ebony haired damsel who's basically the only one who aces on our geography class snapped me out of my trance as she called me by the door. "Y-yeah?" I responded with raised eyebrows, acting too conscious because Roseanne was beside her watching. Maybe.

"We're going to the library. Maybe we can work on our science homework there for a bit." Sophia was modest. Right. I forgot she's my partner for this one activity in biology and I haven't done any work on my part so I guess it would be logical to start it already.

"Sure. I don't have any after school plans anyway." I said in politeness. "Cool. We will see you at the library then." Sophia smiled as she faded away with Roseanne out to the hallways.

It took a minute for me to catch up with them at the library since my cash got stuck on the vending machine as I was trying to get a decent cup of coffee to sustain my calmness before facing Roseanne later. "Stupid technology." I groaned in frustration

"Having trouble there?" A virile voice suddenly appeared, I looked up and saw Jaehyun leaning against the vending machine. "Yeah, it's jammed." I said in response.

"Here let me do a trick." He fervently smiled as he keeps pounding the vending machine a couple of times. I arched confused eyebrows. What is he trying to do? Do all men think that aimlessly hitting on things would suddenly fix it?

I wasn't finished judging him when the machine beeped and suddenly took out my coffee. Hmm. I should've not put a period on that. I thought."There's your coffee." Jaehyun looked at me like he was jesus at the moment. "Works every time." He finished with eyes that's almost like it's trying to get me. "Thanks, Jaehyun. I owe you one." I simply said as I feel my feet wanting to run already.

"Really? We should hang out some time if you really meant that." His audacity to hit up on me full front didn't turn me on at all. If he thinks I'm going to flirt back, I will never be sorry for his ass. "I probably prefer to pay in different manners." I expressed my side as I took a step back because his chest was getting closer to mine.

"I mean, we're all friends here, Jennie. I'm sure my girlfriend wouldn't mind me hanging out with casual schoolmates." His aggressive cocky eyes had me astounded. What a horny jock. And right. He is Roseanne's boyfriend which makes him more off-limits.

"If she doesn't mind, then you should. Because seeing you hitting on me right now is disgusting." I emanated my frustration as I quickly walked out from the hallway. The masculine toxicity was decapitating my lungs. Gross.