CHAPTER 6

P A Y T O N

Man New Orleans been boring as hell. I haven't did nothing since I got here. My birthday is in two weeks and I don't even know what I'm doing for it. Amarin is suppose to be coming down with rondo tomorrow. But all I do is sit in my room listen to music and read books.

I haven't left my room ever since my mom and me got to arguing. I feel that I should stay away from her in order to stop my self from cussing her out. She still haven't gave me my car back and Pierre been hanging out with the neighbors so I have nobody to vibe with which is actually fine with me cause I don't give a fuck.

"Payton" I heard somebody knock on my door.

"Come in" I said as I read my book. I looked up from my book as my mom walked in my room.

"Payton why haven't you came out this room" she said as she closed my door. I smacked my teeth.

"Because I don't know nothing about New Orleans, plus you took my car." I told her as I closed my book.

"So because I took your car you feel you don't suppose to get off your ass and do something with your life?" She asked me and I sigh.

"Ma I'm not fennda argue with you." I told her as I say against my headboard.

"Ok Payton whatever." She said throwing something on my nightstand walking out my room.

"Oh so now you wanna give me my keys back" I said smacking my teeth as I realized it was my car keys she threw.

I picked up my Apple Watch to see it was 1 in the afternoon. I had just woke up around 11 and took a shower and stuff. I put on a black tee and blue jeans and my black and white 11's. I personal needed to find something to do for my birthday tho.

"Payton" I heard Pierre knock on my room door.

"Come in" I said and he walked in.

"Let's go" he said and I smacked my teeth.

"How you knew I got my keys back?" I asked him as I grabbed my phone off the charger.

"Because I just knew. Now come on we gotta start planning for our party" he said and I walked out my room behind him.

"Yo we out." He said as we walked downstairs.

"Wh-" Simon was about to ask but I cut him off.

"Don't ask we not gone tell you" I said as we walked out the crib. We got in my car and I sat there.

"Why we ain't moving yet?" Pierre asked rolling up and I smacked my teeth.

"Nigga did you forget I don't know shit about New Orleans." I told him as I grabbed my phone out my back pocket.

"Oh shit I forgot sis, hold up" he said putting the blunt down in his lap and getting his phone out his pocket.

"Aye homie where you said we should host the party?" Pierre said as he talked in the phone. I continued texting amarin as they talked.

"Aye sis can August ride to the place with us. He gone give you directions" he said and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't care I just wish y'all hurry up cause ain't nobody paying for gas" I told him as I looked up from my phone at him.

"Aye homie we in the driveway" he said and they hung up. He got out and got in the back.

"Why you get in the backseat?" I asked him as I giggled at amarin text message.

"Because that nigga need to be in the front. Ian giving directions" he said and I smacked my teeth. I heard my car door open and a body get in the front seat. I put my phone in my lap putting my car in reverse.

"Alright where we going?" I asked him as I pulled out the driveway and putting my car in driveway.

"Right and keep straight" he said and I nodded as I followed his directions.

"Payton moms is calling you" Pierre said as my phone vibrated and I nodded.

"I know. Which way I go now?" I asked him as we waited at the red light.

"Go left and its the white building on the right" he said as I pulled off at the light. I made the left turn.

"You not gone answering your phone?" He asked me in irritated tone and I shook my head no as I turned into the parking lot.

"When you pay my phone bill that's when you ask me is I'm gone answer my phone" I told him as I cut the car off.

"I just ask you a question" he said smartly and I looked at him sideways.

"And I answered your question" I said grabbing my phone and opening my door.

"Shorty yo attitude ain't with me" he said getting out the car and I closed my door.

"Don't have one but if you feel I have one then I guess I have one" I said as I walked around my car and Pierre shook his head.

"Can y'all wait til we come back out the place first" Pierre said and I smacked my teeth.

"He should've never asked me a question" I told him as we walked towards the building.

"Nawl shorty yo- man ian even fennda go there with you" he said as Pierre held the door for me.

*August P.O.V.*

I was gone be nice to this Payton girl but she gotta smart ass mouth, a bad ass attitude, and again a smart ass mouth. I just asked her a question and she wanna give me a smart answer. Like what the fuck. I can see me and her ain't gone get alone at all.

We was just now leaving the building and they rent it out. They went half and half on it and we left. Payton still hadn't answered  her phone and that damn ringtone was annoying as shit.

"Excuse me girl but you answer your damn phone" I asked her as she drove.

"Umm boy didn't I just tell you no. You don't pay my phone bill" she said as she made a left turn in our neighborhood.

"My name is August" I corrected her and she shrugged as she stopped at the stop sign.

"Good to know. It's still July tho" she said and Pierre started laughing and I smirked at her smart ass comment.

"You know what you gotta smart ass mouth" I told her and she shrugged once again.

"That's good you think I care" she said once as she turned on our street.

"Who you talking to like that?" I asked her and she looked at me and back at the road.

"I could've sworn we was talking to each other so" she said as she turned in her driveway.

"I don't like you" I told her as she cut her car off.

"Yea I don't remember asking you that but ok" she shrugged getting out her car. I sigh biting my lip. I didn't like her at all.

"Man bro I don't like you sister" I told him as we got out her car. She was half way up the driveway.

"I DONT CARE" she yelled as she walked in the house closing the door behind her.

"She got nigga ways that's all" he told me as he fired up the blunt.

Over the past month we got cool. After the dinner, Mel smelt smoke coming out they backyard and invited him over. Ever since we been kicking it like homies. I felt like I already knew this nigga no cap. He cool people but his sister I just don't fuck with her after today.