3- Weekend

Third Person POV

Blair woke up early in the morning as a habit of not usually sleeping very much. When she awoke Phoebe was still asleep next to her. She slowly and quietly tiptoed downstairs to get a drink.

When she arrived at the bottom of the stairs she silently made her way to the kitchen. Blair was surprised to see Max sitting on the counter.

"What are you doing up at 6 in the morning?" She asked him with a light chuckle, while reaching beside him to grab a glass off of the shelf.

She turned around to go the fridge and fill it.
"I like being up when no one else is, it's quiet and peaceful." Blair looked at the boy and gave the first genuine smile he had seen from her.

"In that case I'll leave you alone." She replied and turned on her heel. "Wait no! I didn't mean it like that, you can stay." Max seemed slightly frantic to Blair.

She turned around and studied him. He was more off the counter now, from his raised voice she assumed his body leaned forward, subconsciously emphasizing he didn't want her to leave.

This was Blair's specialty, part of her powers were good observation skills, but being able to read people, their body language, and their emotions or feelings with ease was a major part.

"Ok," she said simply and started towards him again. "What are you doing up this early?" Max queried back.

"Oh, just couldn't really sleep, I guess." Not one hundred percent a lie Blair told herself. She sat in a chair at the table and Max hopped down to join her.

"Is that why you have the lair, for separation and peace?" Blair wondered aloud.

Max turned to face her completely now, pondering her question. After a moment he answered, "I never thought of it like that it's just, sort of like my place you know, I like it just being mine."

"That's understandable, I feel the same way with Darling, and I KNOW Dean does with Baby, his car. Somehow just knowing something is all yours is surprisingly soothing." She emphasized knowing how much Darling means to her and Baby means to Dean.

Not too long later Phoebe came down from her room and entered the kitchen. "Morning." Phoebe said more to Blair than Max.

"Good morning," Blair replied with a soft smile. There was that smile, Max thought to himself, the one that just doesn't quite reach her eyes.

Phoebe filled a cup with water and sat down. "Do you want to start working on our English project?"

"Ya sure, we can set up on the table down here for more room."

The girls both went up stairs to get their laptops, pencils, and paper to start. Max just sighed feeling completely ignored, when he was the one having a conversation with Blair first, plus, he thought, why is Phoebe even up this early in the first place.

Max got up slightly frustrated and headed towards his lair. He stopped when he heard Blair's voice in the hallway. She appeared to be on the phone.

"Yes, Cas, I'm being careful. I know what I'm doing. Just act like a normal human I know that...... Thats all I want, if you would just stop bugging me maybe I could be normal for once. I know. Ok, bye I'll see you later today.....I don't know. Goodbye!" She ended firmly.

Max heard her sigh and start walking his way. He quickly slid down the slide and landed on the bed. What did she mean normal, Max wasn't exactly a 'normal human' himself, but could she really have powers like them. Or was she hiding something else. Either way he had to find out.