Meloncholly

I woke up, this morning was not as hard as last one. It was Monday so after all my duties at orphanage I had to attend college too. My duties are not like. I had a job, I used to help sisters in breakfast preparation, then get ready and attend college, which I was losing all interest from, as I had decided to suicide, it made me realise I don't have to study anymore. Literally, Jesus up in heaven is not going to ask me what are the applications of calculus or how to generate marginal revenue, so I was almost out of the study zone but have to make up my mind for more 9 days just to acknowledge effort of David I'm sparing myself from that cliff for 10 days, 1 is already passed, else after 9 days I'll be back to that cliff, no displacement made. My inner talk is saying I'm too much into studies, trust me I'm not it's just my notes got related to my thoughts.

I had two hours to help sisters in breakfast and get ready catch the bus and reach college. I hate to take bus, I don't like public transport it's too much rushed, but my odds don't favour me to expect private vehicle to college.

I was up and it remind me of one more added duty, which I kind of liked. Dessie... My friend.

I went to garden, with a water cane. I don't know why but I said 'hey Dessie' as if it was listening to me. I pour some water to it, touched the fresh leaves it had, and the moistened aroma with the one and only daizy flower on it. I realised I had some soothing smile on my pale face.

I got tapped on my shoulder, gosh that must be sister. I took substantial time with Dessie that she had to come to call on me. I turned with agitated face with half closed eyes. It was not sister nancy, It was David.
What you doing here, my immediate response after opening my eyes.

I came here to pick you for college, he told me. Noouu.. we can't go together... I was saying this in a rhythmic way, as I was denying for the pick he was offering but actually I wanted to get picked as it would save me from the hassel of bus.
He insisted that anyway I go alone, I don't like going college alone, I'm so alone, you know what I mean jessie... I'm ALONE...

He kept repeating that alone and alone with those puppy eyes. He knew no-one can deny to those eyes. I said fine... But no stupid talkings, say yes. Yea, no stupidity around, promise,he said...

I started walking towards mess, I was already late, he followed.

As soon I entered mess, I found out the breakfast was already prepared but I still do have something to lookafter, Meloncholly.

Meloncholly is the sweetest 5year old girl of our orphanage. Curly shoulder length golden hairs, grey eyes fair with ultra sweet voice and super irritating questions.I loved her.

What you doing here sitting alone Melo... I asked her in my kid-talk voice.

Amm jess, yay, she jumped with the stool she was sitting over. I caught her in my arms. She had jam all on her hands which she was enjoying alone, and not only hands I can see it very much clearly on both the fluffy chicks of her. It was a mess but she manage to look cute in all ways.

You eat jam... You liked the taste, I asked. She did offered me to have her jam that she was holding in her hands. David was standing there with all his sparked eyes as if he found something that he was running for.

Melo got her eyes on David, who is he jess? She asked. A friend I replied. My friend, Melo again questioned. No Melo, he is... In mid  David interrupted and said yes Melo, I'm your friend. Would you like to be friends with me. She again jumped but this time it was from my arms to his, No doubt people like him in our college, he is a talker and very much socialized gentleman. Okay this was in my head I didn't told him again.

So Jess let me wash Melo's hands before that if you want to clean them by licking her hands.Jam is yum as always, he tried to be funny... seems didn't go that well as he expected it to be, though I still laughed alittle.

After we finished from Melo and the breakfast. I got ready for college.

Now it's time to share ride with David.I have never sat behind anyone's bike before. He looked cool while waiting for me on that bike. I sat behind him keeping inched difference between us.He handed over helmet to me, which looked cute, it was pink this was never my favourite but this time I like it. But wait he didn't just got a helmet for me, he named it jessie. It was solely for me. I was so happy to see something that belongs to me and just to me, brand new not rugged. In my heart I was so cheerful but didn't let it come over surface, I simply looked at david and said thank you with a pleasant smile. He asked, thank you for what. For the name on helmet, I said.

It's yours it must get your name, he looked at me while saying this.

He was not turning to ride the bike, we still are standing there, he looking at me.I asked what?? What are you thinking.

Not thinking, already thought of, he said. What you thought of, could you be quick, we are getting late,duhh... I showed him his own watch taking his hand towards his face.

He said Meloncholly, The second reason for whom you have to keep going. Can you imagine how bad she would feel if she won't get to see you every morning. I know you love her, may be she mean something that make your life a worth.

I just said " Hmmm"

What hmm means, I said yea you still are finding reasons I can't believe it, this laugh was alittle bigger than last ones. I said fine. Somewhere inside I felt contended and with David face, I found him nothing but happy, this time he was having my smile, mild smile.

Okay David, I get your second reason. Now please can we move,I pushed him by his shoulder to move his face in front.. else that bus even would reach before us, I said. I laughed..he laughed.

Yup right... And he kicked the bike and we are up for college...

To be continued...!!