Nobody matters like you

(S/N)- sons name

Working hard night and day, you were exhausted and tired but what else could You do. Your son was now about two years old and he was your little ball of joy, loves to jump around, write all over the walls, loved to take bubble bathes. Since you didn't have enough money yo buy him toys he would just get boxes and draw on them to make it look like action figures or robots but working as a maid, waitress and cashier was barely enough to pay rent, you couldn't afford get your kid toys. You were also trying to raise enough money to move out of you apartment and head to a new neighborhood, The current one you two had been living in had started to become more violent, shootings would happen almost twice a week, gangs formed and drugs were starting to be a big thing there too.

At the moment you had been working at your supermarket, scanning the items of costumers over and over again, it was your final shirt so you finished up and walked to the staff room and started changing out of your uniform. "Hey girly how are ya?" you turned around and saw one of your coworkers Alice talking to you. "What are you doing after work" She sat down at the table and lit up her cig. "Going home to my son". You smiled a bit at her as you grabbed your bag and started heading out. "Say, how much do you gain a week", looking back at her you thought about the three jobs all together. "About 350 pounds" you sat down and opened up your flip phone to check up on your son that your neighbor had been babysitting. "Jeez you must not have that much time for your boy huh? well listen honey, I know a way on how you can get 350 a NIGHT instead of a week". She managed to get your attention, if you could make what you made in a week in one night that would mean you could spend more time with (S/N) and possibly move out of you apartment.

"... Alright, how", She smiled at you and gave you a card. "A stripper?" you asked as she Laughed a bit. "Kinda, just with much less clothing and you'd have to open you legs" "I AM NOT WORKING AS A PROSTITUTE!" Packing you stuff you headed towards the door again but she grabbed onto your wrist and made you face her. "As a mother you'll do anything for your son no? You want to give him everything he needs, everything he wants. This is your chance to do that! So just think about it ok?" She put her phone number on the card and let you leave.

While on the subway back home you thought to yourself, 'do you really want to do that'. Being a sex worker is already bad as it is, but she was right, you did want to give your son everything he needed and wanted. Arriving back home you picked up your kid from the neighboring and walked up to your apartment. He was sound asleep, his little messy hair reminded you of Matt..and you were sure if that made you happy or sad. You placed him in his bed and looked down at him, brushing the hair out of his face you leaded down and kisses his head. "Nobody matters like you... your life isn't gonna be nothing like my life..You're gonna grow and have a good life, and I'm gonna do what I've got to do". Tucking him in and went off to your new job...

Working as a prostitute was hard, usually the guys who you'd have to work with would go rough on you, something smack you around and hit you. You were a house favorite though, knowing you were a knew pretty looking thing everyone wanted to get a piece of that, this one night while you worked three guys came into your room and those were guys used to be in your orphanage, and they sure didn't take turns, you had them all in one go. "No wonder you only hung out with guys", that's what one said as he and his buddies were finishing up. But you kept working no matter what. You somehow felt guilty and unloyal to Matt, even though he abandoned you, you still had that feeling deep inside of you.

You had earned enough money to move out of your place so once you were home after a shift you immediately started packing everything into boxes, it was about 7am and your son had woke up, crawling out of his bed and waddled towards you and grabbed onto your leg. "Mommy!" Picking him up and kisses his cheeks and ruffled his hair, "morning baby" "Mommy you hurt" you son patted your face when he noticed you had a black eye and a slightly busted lip. Putting him back down you patted his back and told him to get his toys that you managed to get him. After packing your clothes, toys and some furniture you went down to the office and canceled the apartments contract, with that you took your son, your belonging and left to your new neighborhood.

Once you arrived you immediately feel in love with it, the neighbors where the friendliest, no shootings outside at night and no having to worry about the heater going out and having to deal with the cold. You unpacked and set everything back up for your new place. You played around with (S/N) all day after you finished packing, you dressed up as a pirate and he chanced you around. Once night fall came he was already asleep before you could tuck him in, heading off to your room you started hearing the doorknob of your front door jiggle. Stopping in your tracks and looking at it, it for sure was shaking, you hurried to your room and pulled out your gun from under the bed and then ran to your sons room to lock his door and readied the gun as you hid behind the couch.

Once the door was opened you could hear them close the door gently behind them and started walking towards you, they didn't even start taking things, but once they got too close you stood up and aimed at that "ILL SHOOT IF YOU DONT LEave...." You stopped yelling and stared. The person who broke into your house...was Matt.

"...Hey (Y/N)" he gave you a small smile as he lowered your gun. You dropped your gun and backed up, you couldn't believe your eyes, he couldn't see you properly as the lights where off. "Listen...before you yell at me i wanted t-" you interrupted him with a hard slap to the face, he was shocked but knew he deserves it, holding onto his cheek and looks down at you. "What the hell were you thinking! Leaving me like that after what happened!? You left and never even bothered to call or write to me Mail! Do you even know what I had to go through!? How did yuh even find me!" You pushed his chest and punched his arms, he was much bigger than you so it didn't affect him at it, but it hurt him see you like this. "I know I fucked up but I couldn't stand seeing you hurt after that! I wasn't enough for you, and I didn't want to put you in any more danger, I didn't want you to hurt. I had to leave, plus since I was paying the apartment they immediately told me you had moved out and needed to find out you were ok".

You walked away from him and reached out for your phone to call the cops, as he followed you he kept on tripping on toys scattered around the house, unable to see he turned on the lights and saw your bruised up face, he left seeing you like this and now he has come back to see you the same, "Who fucking did that to you" He lowered his voice and grabbed onto your arms. "Oh piss off! As if you cared what happened" you tried to squirm and push him off but he kept a hold on you, until (S/N) started crying. Matt froze and looked at where the crying was coming from, you finally pushed him off and unlocked his room, walking in you held him in your arms and rubbed him back "shhh it's ok". Matt followed and poked his head in to see a little bit wrapped around you, at first he didn't know what to think. Was it his? Did you find someone else? How old was he? What's his name? Looking over at him you thought about just kicking him out there and then, but you wanted him to meet his son, so you let him stay.

"Matt, this is (S/N) Jeeves, Born on February 10th in the ambulance" you faced him towards Matt as he was still asleep. "...I would of stayed, (Y/N) I would of stayed if I knew you were gonna have him" He walked towards you and looked at him up and down, ignoring Matt you faced the floor and held him towards Matt. He picked up (S/N), holding the son he never though he had for the first time in his arms. "He looks just like you ya know" he said chuckling a bit. He kept him in his arms until his phone rang, he picked it up and handed him back to you. "Mello's outside..." You knew he was leaving but for some reason, you didn't want him too. "I have to go.." He kissed you cheek quickly and left through the door, you only let a single tear escape you eye and wiped it away, you survived this long without him and you still could. Putting your kid back in his bed you sent to pick up is toy you saw Matt walk back inside with Mello. "I cant leave you again girl, cause nobody in this world matter like you" He kneeled down and hugged you, you let him but didn't hug him back. You loved this dude, no matter what he did to you, but you weren't going to accept him and forgive him that easily.

---

Matt actually started living with you and Mello kept doing his thing but did visit you guys, ever since he moved in with you two he had been really acting like a dad to your son, trying to gain back all that time he wasn't there for him, and especially for you. After months of him staying with you he would take you out and really showed you affection, (S/N) was happier than ever with his father by his side and also having someone else to play with. Once your son had turned three years old Matt took the opportunity to purpose to you during the party Mello and Near made for him. After all those years of meeting and growing up with him at the orphanage you were more than happy to spend the rest of your life with him, so of course, you said yes.