Scarlet's Beginning

Trust me.  I'm not happy about writing all of my thoughts into a fucking diary, but whatever.  No one ever asks us about things concerning our lives, but I'm okay about it.  That's kinda what I'm used to.  Having a druggie mom and having to work 3 jobs may make you think I'm good at making decisions and living off of my own skills, but I'm not.  At all.  

    Anyway, I was told that we're supposed to write about how we got our necklaces, or at least, that's what everyone else is doing, so what the hell?  I'm gonna tell you about the day I got my necklace and began the weirdest life ever in the history of weird lives.  'Cause, boy, have I changed.  Frankly, we all have.  

Location: Las Vegas, Nevada 

Date: January 2, 2015

    It's pretty late at night as I'm walking to the bus stop from my latest job at the law firm.  I've got three.  Jobs, I mean.  I'm a barista at my friend's cafe, The Rusty Nail, on weekends, Mondays, and Tuesdays from 8am-4pm.  I'm a legal secretary and get paid to type up documents on Wednesday and Fridays from 6am-7pm.  And, lastly, 9pm-3am, from Sundays-Thursdays, I work at a casino bar.  

    Anyway, I'm walking to my usual bus stop at 7:15 at night, when I see a new music shop.  Ugh, music has always been my kryptonite.  I feel compelled to go and look at it and I see that it's open until 8.  Well, I deserve a treat anyway.  I've just worked for 13 hours with only 1 hour for break time and that's still 12 hours.

    I walk in and I'm immediately mesmerized.  Guitars, drums, and cool merch EVERYWHERE!  It's like I've found my home, which, believe me, doesn't happen that often.

    I make a beeline towards a tiny corner of the store and see a drama mask necklace on a necklace stand.  I check the price-tag.  $12.  Wow, that's cheap.  I'm gonna get it.

    When I reach the counter where you pay for things, the clerk looks at the necklace and asks: "Is this all?"

    When I nod, he smiles and asks if I want a bag.  I say "no".

    As he places the necklace into my outstretched hands, he smiles like we're both in on some clever secret.  I am only slightly weirded out by this.  It's Las Vegas.  There are weirdos around every corner.

    I missed the bus, so I wait for the next one.  When I go to put the necklace around my neck, I discover that the checkout clerk left me a note.

    I decide to read it and it says:

You'll only get in using this code.  Whiskey Sherbert.  Remember that, Scarlet Evelyn Tierney.

    Whoa.  How the fuck does this random dude know my middle name, my last, or, hell, even my first?  Okay, this just keeps getting weirder and weirder.  I shudder, and I suddenly start to feel woozy.  Like I'm tipsy or something, but there is no way in hell that I'm tipsy.  It's a Friday night, so you'd think that I'm lying, but I've been stuck in a law firm for the past 13 hours.  And they don't serve martinis at Oliver and Goulding.  That, I know for certain.

    All of a sudden, I just take a dive to the ground.  My last thought is fuckfuckfuck.  I know, poetic, right?

    When I wake up a few minutes later, I am not at the bus stop.  I'm in some meadow, or something.  

    I slowly stand up.  Not a good choice because as soon as I find my footing, I feel lightheaded, but before I take my second tumble of the day, I see a little cottage-like building that I decide to walk towards.