Emotional Olympics (Pt. 1)

AN: Btw, the team is now based in Seattle.  I didn't really work it into the story, but that's where they live now.  Thx!!!

Monday, January 12th, 2015

(Asha's POV)

My phone's alarm buzzed me awake at 7 AM sharp.  I sat up slowly, blinking the sleep from my eyes, and stretched my whole body.  I looked over at my phone and saw that I had three new text messages.

(6:48 AM) Dr. Schmidt- Team building exercise.  Be here at 8.

(6:53 AM) Scarlet T.- Ugh.  Why do these stupid exercises have to be so early???

(6:56 AM) Eli H.- U awake?  Btw, in case u haven't heard, we need to be at the cottage by 8.  C U then! 

    I quickly sent off replies to all three.

(7:02 AM) To: Dr. Schmidt, Me- I'll be there.

(7:02 AM) To: Scarlet T., Me- I know!!!  I hate it!!!

(7:03 AM) To: Eli H., Me- Don't worry, I heard.  Thx a ton!!!  C u!

    I groaned, but got up anyway.  I somehow managed to shower in record time, get cleaned up, change from a baggy t-shirt into a light gray blouse and olive green cargo pants, pull my dark hair up into a messy ponytail, grab my heavy jacket, and be out the door by 7:21, all while being half-asleep.  Needless to say, I was very impressed with myself.

    Since, I'd begun living in Seattle just over a week prior, I'd found my favorite places to spend time, whether it be bookstores, coffee shops, or even gyms.  I biked over to my favorite coffee shop, The Rusty Nail, and got myself a peach iced tea and poppyseed bagel- my usual.  That took another 20 minutes, or so, and by the time I left with my order, it was already 7:43.

    Biking took another 10 minutes or so, and by the time I got to the cottage, it was 7:55.  Just on time.  I practically ran through the doors and down to the training area.  I was the last one there, and I quickly slipped into the room, my cheeks flushed, trying to attract as little attention as possible.

    I walked up to Eli who was stretching with his earbuds in, having already changed into the pair of exercise clothes we were instructed to keep at the cottage.

    I poked him on the back.  "Hey," He turned around and took out his earbuds.  "How'd you all get here so fast?" I looked around at everyone working out.  Yvonne waved at me.  Noah mock-waved, trying to piss off Yvonne, per usual.

    He smirked and grabbed my nearly-finished bagel and took a bite.  "We didn't stop for breakfast." 

    I stuck my tongue out at him and went to change into my exercise clothes, snatching my bagel back from his hands on my way to the girls' locker room.

(Scarlet's POV)

    I watched Asha and Eli's playful banter from the treadmill and let out a chuckle.  Those two were super cute together.

    Will was biking hard next to me and checking his phone while he was at it.  Show-off.  He caught me looking at him and flexed his muscles, smirking.  "You jealous?"

    I feigned indifference and raised my eyebrows.  "Of what, exactly?"

    He shook his head, with a fake wounded expression on his face.  "You hurt me, Tierney."

    His expression was so utterly hilarious and adorable that I laughed.  In fact, I laughed so hard that I nearly tripped on the treadmill, which only caused me to laugh harder.