Chapter 12

The three of you talked and laughed, but after a while, you started to listen to Rhodeys convo with Secretary Ross...
<<<•••>>>
"Still no word from Vision?" Ross's voice rung out.

"Satellites lost him somewhere over Edinburgh," Rhodes replies with a shrug.

"On a stolen quinjet with four of the world's most wanted criminals," Ross says as his hologram stands from his seat.

"You know they're only criminals because you've chosen to call them that, right, sir?" Rhodey says as he points as Ross.

"My God, Rhodes, your talent for horseshit rivals my own," Ross shakes his head.

"If it weren't for those Accords, Vision would've been right here," Rhodes says as he taps a table.

"I remember your signature on those papers, Colonel," Ross shoots back. Rhodes shifts a bit, obviously uncomfortable.

"That's right. And I'm pretty sure I've paid for that," he says, mentioning his leg braces....

As you listened, a silent alarm went off throughout the building. Camera footage pulled up on a screen, showing you the perps. You smirk as you listen back to Rhodey.

"You have second thoughts?" Ross questions.

"Not anymore," Rhodes smirks as the doors fly open.

The fugitive Avengers walk into the room, where Ross could clearly see them. Vision was being held up by Sam, due to his injuries.

"Mr. Secretary," Steve says in his usual formal talk.

"You got some nerve. I'll give you that," Ross says as he looks at the small team.

"You could use some of that right now," Tasha says as she looks Ross up and down, somewhat disgusted.

"The world's on fire. And you think, all is forgiven?" Ross asks as he glares at the team.

"I'm not looking for forgiveness. And I'm way past asking for permission. Earth just lost her best defender. So we're here to fight," Cap says as he takes a step forward, looking right at Ross.

"And if you wanna stand in our way... we'll fight you, too," Steve says seriously.

"Arrest them," Ross commands Rhodes.

"All over it," he says as he swipes the hologram away.

"That's a court-martial. It's great to see you, Cap," Rhodes says as he hugs Steve.

"You too Rhodey," Cap says as Tasha gives a hug too.

You were the first to enter the room out of the three of you. Steve smiles brightly as you run towards him, using super speed.

"I missed you kiddo," he says as he embraces you tightly.

"I missed you more pops," you whisper as he kisses your head.

You walk over to Tasha and hug her tightly also as Rhodey talks.

"Well. You guys really look like crap. Must've been a rough couple of years," says Rhodes as you hug Wanda.

"Yeah, well, the hotels weren't exactly five star," Sam says as you lay his back. You quickly kiss Vision on the cheek.

"Good to see you brother," you say as you look down at his wounds. You cringe slightly and look at him. He nods slightly...

"Uh, I think you look great," Bruce says as he walks into the room. You smile.

"Surprise!" You say as you side hug Tasha, once more.

"Uh... heh... Yeah. I'm back," Bruce says as he waves slightly.

"Hi, Bruce," Nat says with a smile.

"Nat," Bruce smiles back.

"This is awkward..." Sam whispers as you chuckle. Soon, Pietro ran into the room and hugged Wanda immediately. He kissed her cheek, missing his sister. He bro-hugs Steve and Sam, while actually hugs Nat. He pats Visions back, so he wouldn't hurt him.

"That's is one busted up toaster... let's get you fixed up," you say with a smile.
Time Skip-

"So we gotta assume they're coming back right?" Rhodes says as the most of the team sits in the large conference room.

"And they can clearly find us," Wanda says from her seat.

"We need all hands on deck. Where's Clint?" Bruce asks as he looks around.

"After the whole Accords situation, he and Scott took a deal. It was too tough on their families, they're on house arrest," Nat tells Bruce.

"Who's Scott?" Bruce questions with a brow raise.

"Ant-Man," You say with a smirk.

"There's an Ant-Man and a Spider-Man? Okay, look... Thanos has the biggest army in the universe. And he is not gonna stop until he... he gets... Vision's Stone," Bruce stumbles on words.

"Well then, we have to protect it," Tasha says.

"Last time that happened, three of our players got thrown out of the ballpark...," you trail as you think about Tony.

"I agree with Y/n, we have to destroy it. I've been giving a good deal of thought to this entity in my head, about its nature. But also, its composition. I think if it were exposed to a sufficiently powerful energy source, something, very similar to its own signature, perhaps... Its molecular integrity could fail," Vision addresses Wanda as he nears her.

"And you, with it. We're not having this conversation," Wanda says as she shakes her head.

"Eliminating the stone is the only way to be certain that Thanos can't get it," Vision tried to convince.

"That's too high a price," Wanda says coldly.

"Only you have the power to pay it. Thanos threatens half the Universe. One life cannot stand in the way of defeating him," Vision says as he looks down.

"But it should. We don't trade lives, Vision," Steve deadpans.

"Captain, 70 years ago, you laid down your life to save how many millions of people. Tell me, why is this any different?" Vision shoots back calmly. You gulp and look down.

"Because you might have a choice. Your mind is made up of a complex construct of overlays. J.A.R.V.I.S., Ultron, Tony, me, the Stone. All of them mixed together. All of them learning from one another," Bruce says as your wheels start turning.

"You're saying Vision isn't just the stone?" Wanda asks.

"I'm saying that if we take out the stone, there's still a whole lot of Vision left. Perhaps the best parts," Bruce says as Pietro hands you a small Hershey kiss. You giggle lightly and take it from him as the team continues discussing.

"Can we do that?" Nat asks.

"Of course we can, just maybe a few more billion dollars for the equipment," you say with a shrug as Pietro puts his arm around your shoulders.

"Y/n's right, we cant do anything here and I don't think I should be doing it," Bruce says shyly.

"You better find somewhere, and someone fast. Ross isn't exactly just gonna let you guys have your old rooms back," Rhodey interjects.

"I know somewhere..."
<<<•••>>>
1116 word count. Until the next chapter my hero's😘😘 -Kay😜