Nadia's Crowning Jewel-Chapter 4

Remember to vote please. It helps us readers out a lot.

Okay so this is my first time trying to do this from a guys point of view so bare with me please. I know as a writer you're supposed to have chapter uploading days but I'm not like that. I just upload the chapter whenever I'm done writing it. Sorry if that's a bother to some of y'all but thanks for reading the last chapter. I appreciate it and I also appreciate the feedback. ~Itssimplyautumn

Lord Gregory's Point of View

Chapter 4

"Another one Uncle?" Lord Gregory asked disappointed when the king greedily accepted his third cup of wine from his butler. King Worthington waved his nephew away, his words had been repeated million of times before, he didn't need another lecture.

Gregory sighed and pulled open the drapes of his uncles bed chamber. "I'm surprised your not a vampire or pale for that matter". "Insult me if you must". Worthington chuckled without humor. "I suppose you have business to attend to".
Gregory ran a hand though his brown hair, a habit he picked up from his father whenever he grew weary and stressed.

"I'd accept your invitation to leave but I'm going to say no". Worthington gulped the liquid down and placed the cup on the wooden table, a gift from his mother. "We have guest". Gregory nodded walking over to the window overlooking the kingdom and beyond. One day it would be his soon, either his uncle would die of a broken heart or of drinking. Natural causes was out of the question.

Smoke floated from the vents in the walls over the village. It was another morning in Morale and the kingdom was slow to wake. Birds and horses chipped and shined in sync as if they were talking to one another. The smell of Bread wavered over Morale like a huge cloud ready to explode. "I think they'll be leaving soon" Gregory mumbled. Worthington sighed. "What have I told you about mumbling Gregory?"

The king stood up, grabbed the wine bottle, and placed it in his china cabinet. Drawing a key from around his neck, he locked the cabinet and all its valuables inside. "Don't touch" Worthington warned placing the key back in his pocket. "And why would I" Gregory questioned about to take his leave.
His uncle ignored him and opened the door of his room and said "now be a good boy. Go find something to do, and don't burn my kingdom down!"
*************************************
The April flowers in the castles garden enriched the smell in the air as Gregory watched Eleanor frolic in the daises. Maybe it was the calming in the air or that the giggles from his sister chasing butterflies relaxed him. Better her than a drink.

He liked the smile on her face, it fitted her. After their parents had died, the light in Eleanor's eyes had almost vanished. She would often wake up screaming bloody murder, and he would be there next to her, a peaceful bridge, guarding her from the rain. Eleanor always told him they were a package. You get one you get the other she would say, and he would agree.

"Gregory" she skipped over to him, her cheeks red from the nick of cold wind. "I found a frog. My prince." she smiled widely. "And he wants to kiss me".
Gregory chuckled, he could see how serious she was yet it was cute. "I think not". He leaned down to a pouting Eleanor and helped her get on his back. Eleanor bit back a smile bit pointed towards the bushes. "Go see. He's waiting for me".

Gregory shook his head but walked over to the rose bush, careful of the thorns. His uncle had planted them when he came into power. They were a sign that beauty can come out of ashes. Kinda ironic right?
"Where?" He questioned bending down to look through the thickets.

Eleanor hopped off his back and put her hands in her pocket. "Oh well?" She said nervously when he turned to look at her. A low croak emerged from her pocket, earning a suspicious look from Gregory. "Eleanor?" Gregory questioned taking a step towards his sister. Her eyes darted around Gregory, landing on anything but her brother.

"Don't come closer. I'll run" she threatened backing up. For a second she teetered over a loose brick separating the plants and sidewalk from intwining. Gregory took a step like he was going to grab her but tripped over a rock Eleanor had dug up earlier. The sound of Eleanor giggling at him from the ground annoyed him. "Eleanor you little-"

The sound of heels clacking against pavement turned the heads of sister and brother. "Lord Gregory. Eleanor". The soft voice of Lady Nadia coming to a stop by the pair made Gregory blush vigorously. "We were just..." He trailer off fixing his mask.

The thing was a bother. A reminder of his mistake that he wore on his back. If he hadn't moved-
"Lord Gregory!" Fingers snapped impatiently in his face. Lady Nadia blinked at him confused. "Nevermind" she sighed placing her hand on Eleanor's shoulder. "I'll see you later" she smiled.

"You really fell for her". Eleanor joked when Nadia walked away. She grabbed her bothers hand, helping him stand up. "She probably thinks your dumb".
Gregory looked at his sister, she was quite annoying when she wanted to be, especially when she wanted attention. "Eleanor" Gregory spat agitated. "Go play. Go find Chloe".

Eleanor crossed her arms and planted her feet, turning her chin upwards stubbornly. "Make me" She egged.
It was always games with her, even if she was just a child. She adjusted her mask and frowned.  Walking over to Gregory, she leaned over him and kicked him in the shin. "It's your fault you fool". Eleanor walked away, the energy leaving her. "It's your fault" the words repeated in Gregory's mind over and over. Did she know?

A lump formed in the back of his throat. He seemed to be getting that a lot lately but the words coming from his sister made everything seem even more real. He picked himself off the ground, averting the gaze of the castle guards. It may be morning but a drink was just what he needed at the moment.
**********************************************
"He doesn't expect anything right?" King Worthington asked the shrouded man.

"No sir" the mysterious man said taking out a needle in a gray toolbox. "Let's just get this over with".
**********************************************

Okay yes I know! I'm evil for leaving you with that cliffhanger but I had to do it

Okay yes I know! I'm evil for leaving you with that cliffhanger but I had to do it. Tell me what you think about this chapter.

I have yet to download the grammar keyboard which I am going to do so if y'all hit me with that "check your grammar" lol I know trust me.

Anyways....who's your favorite character so far?
Mines Eleanor💙