2. Makino

Marco P.O.V.

I Walked around my back slouching more than usual. My lazy eyes weren't even lazy anymore, they just looked lifeless.

"Commander Marco, are you ok? What's wrong?" a newer member of our family asked.

Thou he was quickly silenced by Thatch slapping him on the head. "Shut up! That is one question you are not allowed to ask, he whispered - shouted.

I sighed. There all treating my like i'm a glass doll, that's gonna break with a single touch. "It's fine. He's allowed to ask." I told Thatch. I then turned to my newest brother, "My mate turned 18 two months ago." 

He smiled at that, "Con-"

I cut him off. ", Let me finish, no matter how many times I try to reach out to her, she turns them all down. I've written countless questions on my arm but it doesn't matter, she just won't respond, yoi."

Thatch had just opened his mouth when Oyaji loud booming voice spoke up, "Marco, how bout this. If she still doesn't respond within another 2 weeks, we'll put all our effort in trying to look for her." He offered

"Ok" I sighed, disappointed i'd have to wait another 2 weeks until we start looking for her.

I guess I still looked unsure so Ace's mate, Aqua (her name full name is Aquarius, but everyone just calls her Aqua), decided to give her opinion. "Give her time guys. Not everyone wants a pirate mate." We all looked at her. No matter who your mate is it is never smart to diss a pirate, especially if your on there ship. She saw all the looks we gave her and quickly waved her hand in front of her, "That's not what i meant guys" she rushed.

I decided to tease her a little. "Oh then what did you mean?" I asked, raising a eyebrow. My voice filled with mirth.

Aqua turned to me "What i meant is that most people will freak when they see the Whitebeard mark on there body. Truthfully I did to. This is one of the most critical stages in your relationship. You need to give her time. Give her time to sort out her thoughts. To sort out her emotions."

5 Days Later

I was in the dining room when i felt it. It was a ticklish feeling like someone was writing on my arm with a feather. I looked down and saw it. She had finally answered one of my questions! 

I had asked her What her favourite colour was and she had written back in a neat cursive, 'Blue and Yellow'.

This is fantastic considering I can cover my entire body in blue and yellow flames.

Angel's P.O.V.

"I can't believe I actually did it what was I thinking", I gron. Banging my head on the wooden counter.

Makino chuckles from her place behind the bar. I tilt my head to the side and stare up at her, not lifting my head. 

I stare intensely at my best friend, the only person I told about the mark on my chest and the words on my skin.

Makino use to be a marine but after she meet her mate she retired.

Honestly just this one piece of information can be enough to help them track me down. Everyone knows that whitebeard cares about his sons more than anything and will use every connection he has to help them find their Mate.

Other than me and Makino the bar was completely empty. 

"You know you'd have to answer eventually" 

"No i don't. There's no point in getting his hopes up" I argue

"Oh and why is that?" She questions already knowing the answer

"Simple. Because he's a pirate and i'm a marine. It. Can. Never. Happen." i saw my voice barely above a whisper.

"Makino sighs. After a couple beats of silence she finally speaks "I understand where you're coming from"

"How can you" I scoff. 

How can Makino ever understand. From as long as i can remember Shanks and Makino have always been the perfect couple. Shanks may be a pirate but her treats her right. But this different. The difference between shanks and a Whitebeard pirate is like day and night.

Shanks saves Luffy's life - A Whitebeard pirate kills people

Shanks is kind - a whitebeard pirate is cruel

Shanks loves his mate - the second my mate finds out i'm a marine he'd probably try to kill me.

"Because at first I hated Shanks as well."

"The first time I meet him he had a sword to my throat"

"The first time I meet him he tried to kill me"