chapter 5

Come on baby. I say picking up Akiko. I dressed her in a pink dress with flowers and brushed her long black hair out.

"Where are we going?" She asks me.

The court house baby.

                 ~~time skip~~

We walked in the court and over to the rest of the try guys.

"Hey sweetheart!" Zach says reaching out his arms towards Akiko.

Uncle Zach look what daddy got me!! She held out her baby blue teddy bear towards him.

"Oh cool!" He says setting her down.

"Just relax everything will be fine." Keith says leading me in the court room.

" I want to talk to Akiko." The judge says.

I led Akiko to the stand, set her on the chair, and walked back to my seat.    "So Akiko, how do you like living with your daddy?"

" I love daddy! He puts piggytails in my hair, and he bought me this teddy bear see!" She yells out excitedly.

"She is so adorable!" The judge says.

"Your honor my client has been on parole for over four years and even has been attending motherhood classes in preparation for taking over care of Akiko." Her attorney says.  Shit! That was good. I layed my face in my hands and rubbed my eyes.

"Well after hearing both sides, I have come to a conclusion." The judge says.

I picked up Akiko and held her close to me.

"I love you daddy." She whispers in my ear.

"I'm granting custody of Akiko yang to her mother Michelle on weekends, and next time we'll go from there." No. "That's ridiculous! She left Akiko On his front porch!" Zach shouts out.

"SECURITY!" The judge shouts at him.

"Don't bother! I'm going!" He says storming off. T...thank you your honor. My voice trembled as I spoke. I walked out holding Akiko's hand.

"Can we get Ice cream daddy!?"  Akiko shouts excitedly at me.

Sure baby! I say while trying to fight back tears. We all piled in my car and drove. The whole way I listened to Akiko sing the theme song to Strawberry Shortcake.

             ~~~~Time skip~~~~

I sat watching them eat ice cream. I stared down at my melting strawberry sherbert and replayed what the judge had said over and over again in my head. I fought to keep myself from crying because I knew it would upset Akiko.

"Here princess!" Keith says handing her to Zach.

He stood up and motioned me to follow him. He led me to the back of the icecream shop.

"Eugene, I don't even know what to say. You don't deserve this. For God's sakes AKIKO doesn't deserve this!"

Keith latched his hands onto my shoulders and pulled me closer to him. He whispered in my ear

"you have to fight!"

Authors note- Im so sorry this chapter is short. Ive been busy writing my 'heartbeats' fanfic. Btw its about buzzfeeds Ryan Begara and Shane madej.