ONE

•THE DAY OF THE DEAD•
"A celebration I could live for"

The blinding red and blue lights illuminated my soft features as I overlooked the commotion of the parade

The blinding red and blue lights illuminated my soft features as I overlooked the commotion of the parade. Unlike Maria who was having the time of her life dancing as gracefully as a fucking ballerina. I waited impatiently for our new recruit to show his face, Marcus Lopez Arguello. A street rat that burnt down the Sunset Boys home and is wanted by every single cop in the city for a whole load of murders. That's almost better than my rep.

My Golden eyes shone as I drew an arrow from my quiver, studying it carefully. Being sat out here for almost an hour has me trying to find ways to entertain myself. Patience wasn't really my forte and neither was sitting around and waiting. I played with the red fletching on the end of the arrow, rubbing it between my thumb and forefinger. Personally, a bow wasn't my choice of weapon, I liked it and it felt good in my hands. But daggers and throwing knives, I loved them.
From studying the crowd over and over again, it was easy to spot someone who looked a little out of place. Studying the moving figure, I realised he matched Lins description of his attire. I immediately took action, signalling towards Saya who had just shown up on the opposite roof. She nodded quickly, her face showing a hint of a smile before it completely disappeared in the darkness. That was creepy but yet cool as fuck. I think she's just as excited to get to the action part of this mission as I am. Although I'm kind of bored with the waiting.

I shoved the normal arrow back to where it belonged before switching it to the only flare arrow I had in my quiver. One chance and only one chance to get this right. Luckily that's all I needed. Picking up my bow I alined my arrow, getting into a stronger stance. My feet a shoulder width apart and my body perpendicular to the target.

"Shit" I muttered, my smooth British accent sounded in my ears as the cops behind him stalked towards the boy. They've made him already. I thought some dumb cop would take ages to notice him.

Taking a deep breath, I relaxed my muscles to pull back the string on the bow to the corner of my mouth. I closed my left eye, seeing where I exactly wanted the arrow to go. Got to be more careful when there are actual witnesses around. At this point, Marcus had fled from Willies warning and I was waiting for Maria to take her turn then it was mine.
Her beautiful fan that had knives stitched into the hem, sliced the cops shoulder letting him stumble over with pain. With that, I let my arrow fly. I watched as it hit the floor at the right time to concealing Marcus's exit with white smoke. As well as Billy's mean hit to the cop with his skateboard, winding the man. I cheered internally as I needed to move fast.

I pull the bow around me as I sprinted towards the fire escape. Making my way down quicker when I heard the rev of her engine. Skipping the last two flights, I jumped over the bar landing with a roll.
I came to a halt in front of one of my best friends Saya who was smirking through the pieces of her black hair that had fallen over one side of her face. Her dark eyes and rouge lips matching her badass attitude and her leather-clad attire. I could see her tattoo peeking out of one of her sleeves that had ridden up.
"Show off" she laughed adjusting that sleeve and her black leather fingerless gloves that matched my own.
"Well it did kind of feel like a great superhero landing" I smirked, standing up while making sure the bow on my shoulder wouldn't fall off anytime soon.
"I wouldn't go that far" she grinned, letting her guard down around me. She knows that I would do anything for her and Maria, but at the Kings Dominion, we can't show that cause it's a weakness and the students would exploit it. "Now get your ass on, I know where he went"
Immediately I swung my leg around the gorgeous motorcycle. "Remind me to pick up my bike from the garage tomorrow," I say into her right ear just before she set off heading in the direction on a parking lot. "I miss my baby so much" I shouted louder so she could hear. I felt her body shake, I presume she's laughing right now.