Chained Morons

"Unlock this thing now." Armingham growls through clenched teeth, like a sneering dog.

       "I don't know where the key is." Apollo answers unapologetic ally.

       Armingham swears violently and yanks on the chain, sending Apollo sprawling across the ground for about the hundredth time. His wrists feel bruised and raw, but as he looks down, all he sees is his skin, perfectly unscathed, glowing faintly blue. Apollo crawls back onto his knees as Armingham paces at the opposite end of the library by the windows, chains clinking back and forth and back and forth. Apollo pulls open the drawer and rumages through dusty letters and photographs, ink bottles and pens, and some string. Still nothing.

       Armingham stops in his tracks and turns to him. "You fool! I am the master of this house..." Apollo busies himself with flopping into the old arm chair at the study desk and rocking as far back as he can without falling. Armingham continues to seeth as Apollo leans back in the chair a little too far and his feet go flying in the air as he crashes to the ground, tugging on the chain and making Armingham stumble. Armingham stares at Apollo coldly and turns to the window, clasping his hands behind his back. Well, at least he's not talking. Now what am I going to do? Apollo rocks in the squeaky chair. I've got to find a way to get out of these chains but still keep Armingham in. Armingham is probably thinking the same thing. Armingham said he wasn't allowed to leave. Does that mean he can't go outside? If I force him outside?... Apollo stands quietly up in his chair and creeps up behind Armingham. He braces himself, then flies at Armingham. Unfortunatley the window doesn't break and they both bounce off like a pair of tennis balls.

       "What do you think you're doing?! This is not your insane asylum, and you are imprisoning yourself at the same time you're imprisoning me, you rabid dog! But while you're here, I might as well make some use of you." Armingham begins to approach Apollo, and he quickly pushes himself away, rolling on the chair away from Armingham. He grabs a candle holder from the shelves as self defense. He rolls himself, trying to get away, and accidentally rolls right over the edge of the stairs. He feels momentarily weightless before tumbling down the stairs, crashing down the hall painfully. He can feel a slight tug as Armingham is dragged behind him, like a dog on a leash. He finally hits the basement floor and trundles to a stop, chair broken and sagging not far from him. He didn't think it would have hurt that much because he was a ghost, but it feels like he actually broke his neck. He crawls painfully to the wall while Armingham groans and his head lolls. Apollo sees, with surprise, that the candle holder is largely intact. Seeing the chains on the walls that Apollo used to be bound to, he gets a wild idea. He breaks the end off one beam and weaves it into the chain already attached to the wall, then weaves the other end into the chain attached to Apollo and Armingham. Apollo tugs on the chain to make sure it is secured, and glances over at Armingham.    

      Apollo thrusts himself to his feet and totters to the door, his chains clanging taught. Glancing at Armingham fearfully, he musters all his strength and screams for help, yet again.