30 | last night

JENNIE

Everything happened too fast. We were in a haunted house, and now we are in a stranger house. Taeyong received a call from his friend asking him to come, he begged us to come with him and here we are – at a university party full of alcohols.

While Taeyong is busy talking to his guy friends, so Chaeyoung, Lisa and I went to the living room to get some refreshment. Someone suddenly takes my wrist and I frown when I face a man with intimidating blue eyes.

"Hey pretty one, you want to dance with me ?"

I push back his hand on me.

"No thanks."

He continues to smile at me and takes a strand of my hair then wrap it around his finger. I do not like being touched, especially when strangers think they are allowed to. I clench my teeth, ready to reject him but an arm surrounds my shoulder and I turn to see Taeyong already beside me.

"Back off, man, she's mine." snaps my best friend.

"Sorry, I didn't know she was your girl," the guy apologizes quickly before leaving as soon as he can.

"You took us to an odd place."

"Yeah, that's why we have to leave. It's not a place for you and the girls. My friend just told me he's organizing thoses parties to drug-... where's Lisa?" he asks, looking very worried.

"With Chaeyoung. Why ?"

"They shall not drink" he says and at the same time, we lock our eyes to a certain blonde girl who's drinking a blue liquor. "What is offered," he finished his sentence.

"Shit."

We rush to Lisa and when I came in front of her, I took the red gobelet out of her hands. I squeeze the glass of my hands until it twists, but there's no liquid inside. I throw the cup away and glare at her while she gives me an astonished look.

That idiot drank it all.

"What ?"

"You fucking idiot ! There's drug on you cup and you drank it without a single clue," I groan.

A bubbling rage swells inside me for some unknown reasons. And, without further delay, I drag the collar of her t-shirt. Lisa is taller than me, but as I hold her top, our faces are few inches to each other.

"She's too naïve !" I thought to myself.

If Taeyong and I were not there to stop her from drinking, someone would have raped her. I clench my teeth and stabilize my jerky breathing.

"Jennie... It's not her fault. I dare her to drink it," says Chaeyoung with a guilty look.

Lisa did not pushed me back once. She stayed straight as a stake, her doe eyes on me. I let out a small groan and take a step back.

"We're going home."

******

Jisoo was already asleep when we got home. We tried to minimaze the noise to not wake her up while we put Lisa into bed. The blonde girl slept in the car and Taeyong wanted to let her sleep. I was against it but unfortunately I didn't have the last word.

"If she wakes up, give her this." says Chaeyoung, holding a glass of water.

"She's old enough to walk to the kitchen if she's thirsty."

"Please, Jennie. It's the last night we'll spend here," she retorts.

Even if Lisa was a burden in the ass for sleeping in my bedroom, I got used to her – as strange as it is. It will be less noisy but also less warmer without her when I think about it.

"Fine." I roll my eyes and take the glass out of her hands.

She smiles at me and kisses my cheek before returning to Jisoo's bedroom. I sigh and walk to my room. It's only been a week since Chaeyoung and Lisa came here to live with us. Although, it looks like it lasted longer. I should be feeling relieved because she won't disturb me anymore but I don't.

She was not that bad after all. Perhaps, they were right, Lisa is a nice girl. Since we were little, she was always wicked to me because I took one of her pencils in kindergarden... I think. She traumatized me with her deep and angry voice. It must be that time I started to see her as someone hateful.

Perhaps I was wrong.

The lack of lights in my room prevent me from walking to my desktop with confidence. I pinch my lips and slowly put the glass of water on the table. A light groan comes out of nowhere. I frown and turn to the bed.

Lisa is at the edge of the bed and she is stretching herself. Her t-shirt gets up a little and I can see a glimpse of her flat stomach. When she look into my eyes, it made me realize that I watched her body a bit too much. I swallow my saliva and moisten my lips.

"Do you want water ?" I ask her.

Even if she is staring at me, her doe eyes seem hazy under the darkness. She gets up from the bed and walks straight at me. She does not look like her usual self. An overload of confuses's thoughts overwhelm me. When I was about to say something, Lisa pushes me and traps me into a wall. I gasp and look at her in disbelief.

"W-What are you doing ?" I ask, my heart pounding hard against my chest.

She grazes her fingertips on my jaw to my lips and rest it a little longer on that part. A quiver of excitement passes through the spine of my back.
– totally aware of our close proximity, my body is starting to respond at her touch on me.

"Ma... Manoban, don't be silly and go to sleep." I order her trying to be convincing.

She stands still while her skin on mine is sending an electrifying bolt of desire straight between my legs. I'm frustrated on the effect she has on me. How can a simple touch can turn me on ? Am I that desesperate in need ?

"You'll see Jimin while I sleep." she says.

She does not seem pleased about it. I frown, trying to figure it out what she meant by saying this. Is she jealous ? I can't believe it. Lisa hated me and she still does.

"What do you mean ?"

"You heard me."

She turns her back to me and goes to the bed but I am not satisfied with her answer. I need more details, I just... need it.

"Lisa." I call her and grab her hand.

"I'm fucking drunk so don't test me ! I can't think straight, and... and--" she says while looking at me.

"It's the first time you got drunk ?"

Without a sound, she answers my question.

"I have a little headache and my ears are burning..." she pouts and stares at the floor.

How can she be innocent while being drunk ? I take her hand and lead her to the bed. As she was a kid, I pull the white sheet and put it all over her body. She gives me a stupid and naive smile before closing her doe eyes.

"Sleep tight."

"Thank you Jennie," she whispers to me and fall into a deep slumber.

Oh.

I think I like this moment more than I should. My heart is beating madly against my chest and I'm blushing too.  There's also the fact that I found her very attractive right now. The tip of her nose to her plump lips are pleasant to look at.

What's happening to me ?