Chapter 10: Moving

I quickly run into Slender's office. I close the door behind me, barricading it. I smile sheepishly, looking over at Slender. He looks at me skeptically. I laugh nervously.

"I, uh, walked in on Tam and Bryn... again..." I mutter. He nods, motioning for me to sit. I follow.

So, you like Toby.
He opens. I blink twice, coughing. My face heats up.

"No! What gave you that idea?!" I ask. He chuckles.

Well, okay. If you were to theoretically get into a relationship, you would have to make sure it doesn't affect your performance. Understand?
He asks. I nod. He slides a paper over to me. I pick it up.

You have new living arrangements, per request. You now house with Toby. Enjoy your new room, Jack.
He concludes. He telelports away, leaving me in shock.

I stand up, walking over to the door. I remove the barricades, walking out the door. I get lost in thought, accidently running into someone. I stop, looking up.

Masky looks down at me skeptically. I blink twice, before looking back at the paper.

"What's that?" Masky asks. I silently hold the paper up to him. He takes it, reading it. Then, he stifles laughter. I look at him. He starts laughing.

"It's been so long since I've shared a room with a boy." I mutter. He just smiles widely.

"Have fun." He calls, walking off. I follow the halls, looking for the room. I can't find it. I blink twice, walking back to the living area. I stand at the top of the stairs, staring down.

"What's up, JJ?" Jeff asks. I blink again, walking down the stairs.

"First of all, don't call me that. Second, where is Toby's room?" I ask. Jeff laughs. I sigh heavily. "What now?"

"Oh, nothing... His room is the attic." Jeff explains. I groan in fustration.

"I know that, Jeff. Where is the attic?" I ask, thick anger ringing in my tone.

He gives me directions and I follow them, finding a staircase.

I quietly climb the winding staircase, stopping at the top.

One door stands in front of me. A board is nailed to it. In black paint, "Toby" is written across it.

I take a deep breath, knocking. No response. He is probably out hunting. I grab the handle gently, pushing it open.

The door creaks open, revealing a simple room. It is split clearly in half. A big line of black tape cuts through the middle.

One side is painted in shades of blues, the other in shades of oranges. I blink, confused.

The orange side is messy. Covered in clothes, papers, old hatchet blades, empty waffle boxes, you name it. I blink twice. A bed sits against a wall, a closet next to that. A TV sits perpendicular to the bed. A love seat sits in front of the TV. Toby isn't here.

I look over at my bed. All of my stuff is sitting neatly on the bed.

I lay my bat against the foot of my bed, sighing. I hang my holster in the closet and move to put away my clothes. I pick up one of my only shirts, opening the drawers. I drop my shirt, my eyes widening. I take a few steps back.

The drawers are entirely stocked in clothing, some feminine, others masculine. I fold my minimal clothing, setting them on top of the dresser. I lay my empty backpack in the bottom of my closet, before something brushes over my head. I grab it, pulling on it.

It falls onto my head. It's a blue scarf. I kinda like it. I shrug, putting it around my neck. I jolt.

~

I sit up, screaming coming from the other side of the room.

"IT'S TOO HOT IN THIS FIVE STAR HELL HOLE!" Toby yells. He strips off all his clothes and lays back down in his bed.

I go back to reading my book, shrugging it off.

It was probably just a hallucination.

I finish the chapter and lay down, starting my short sleep.

~

I look over at Toby, who is starting to awake. I jolt and twitch. They are pretty aggressive in the morning.

He looks down at himself, quickly wrapping himself in his blanket. He looks up at me. I jolt.

"Wh-why am I naked?" He asks. I look up from my book.

"What? You mean you don't remember the part where you passed out after you got back, woke up again and shouted at me, 'It's too hot in this five star hell hole,' I believe it was, then tore your clothes off and proceeded to hog the bed?" I ask. He looks at me.

"I did that?" He asks. I nod, going back to my book. I jolt a little bit. Toby gets dressed, ignoring the cluttered mess around his half of the room.

"You should pick up your side of the room." I suggest. He looks over at me, shrugging. He leaves the room. I roll my eyes, following him out.

I pull my goggles and mouth guard on, jolting and twitching all the way.

I trip, falling down the stairs. I hit my head on the ground with a thud. I stand up, walking into the kitchen.

I sit down at the table. Suddenly, my face falls. My head hits the table, rattling everything on the table. My jolts continue vigorously.

I lift my arm and slam it outstretched onto the table. I feel someone pull on my arm. I lift my head to look at the person, it's Toby.

"What are you doing?" I ask, glaring at the twitchy boy.

"I was looking at your arm, it's broken. Your forehead is bleeding." He states.

I shove him off me with my broken arm. I roll over, my arm falling off the table.

"I know that. I'm mad at you." I mumble, standing up. "Now, I'm gonna go rub some dirt in my wounds."

~

I sigh happily, walking into the mansion. Mud falls off my body, hitting the ground. I smile widely. I walk up to the bathroom, opening the door.

I take off the soiled clothes and throw them into the bathtub. I quickly hand wash them before hanging them on the towel rack. I climb into the shower, cleaning myself.