Chapter One

I woke up to the sun shining on my face, not being able to see anything. “What?” I mumbled. “You’re up!” I heard someone whisper in shock. I sat up quickly and pain shot through my body. “Whoa take it easy there, that was a nasty fall you took” a man said. “Who are you? Where am I?” I asked, looking around but couldn’t see much. “Very funny Chayse, now get up” the man said. I saw him now; a Chinese looking man, I squinted my eyes at him. “You don’t remember?” he asked and I shook my head. The random man sighed, “You did hit your head pretty hard there… Well I’m Glenn… You don’t remember anything?” Glenn asked again. I shook my head again.

“What about your name?” he asked. “No” I said and looked around. “Well your name is Chayse. We’re in Atlanta… But you’re from Australia. You came here with your older brother. There was an outbreak and the dead came back to life to try and eat us. We made it out but your brother… I’m sorry he didn’t” Glenn said. “I don’t remember him” I said awkwardly and moved a strand of hair from my face. “So how did I meet you?” I asked with furrowed eye brows. “I was delivering a pizza to you and your brother in his apartment. We were attacked when the outbreak happened. Everyone and military men were everywhere. It was chaotic. Your brother insisted I lead you to safety… So I did. He stayed behind and fought off as many walkers as he could” Glenn said.

“What is a walker?” I asked, “The dead people who try to eat you” Glenn said. “Alright…” I said and looked around, being able to see more. “We’re on the rooftop?” I asked as I put a hand in front of my face. “Yeah” Glenn said. “How long was I out?” I asked. “About two hours” Glenn said. “What are we doing?” I asked. “Surviving” Glenn said, standing. “We decided to loot this store but like I said, you tripped and fell down some stairs, also onto some glass. Feel that cut?” Glenna asked and I nodded. “Yeah I’ll take you back to the group” he said. “Group?” I asked with furrowed eye brows again. “Damn it” Glenn sighed. “Let’s just go. We’ll explain more later” he said and I nodded.

I heard loud groans, growls and hisses. I stood up too, following after Glenn. “What happened down there?” I asked. “Dumbass” Glenn said, shaking his head. “Here, these are yours” he said and handed me a bag. I opened the bag to see a sword, dagger, throwing knives and a bow with arrows. “What?” I asked, looking through them. Glenn rolled his eyes. “Those are your weapons, Chayse” he sighed, fiddling with what looked like a radio. “Hey dumbass. Yeah you the one in the tank. Cosy?” he asked into a walkie-talkie.

“Glenn there’s a guy on a horse down there” a girl with blonde hair said. “I know, here, take Chayse back to the group” he said. “Come on, let’s go” the girl said. I followed her to the bottom of a building.