Chapter Two

“You’re back” a black man said. “Who are you people?” I asked, “What are you talking about?” a Mexican looking man asked. I backed away slowly. “Glenn said I fell down some stairs and hit my head” I said, shaking my head. The blonde girl shook her head, pinching the bridge of our nose. “We don’t need this! We are gonna die out here” she said, sighing. “Andrea calm down. We got this” the black guy said. “Remember anything at all?” the black guy asked.

I shook my head, “I’m T-Dog, that’s Andrea, Jacqui, Morales and Merle is on the roof keeping guard” T-Dog said. We stood around talking for a minute but I zoned out… I don’t remember a Merle guy on the roof. I heard yelling and gun shots come from outside. “What the hell was that?” T-Dog said. “It’s Glenn! Come on” Andrea said. I noticed Morales and T-Dog were in protection suits. They both ran out and started beating up any nearby walkers. I opened my bag and pulled out my sword… Whoa I never noticed how detailed these things were… Engraved on the handle was “CHAYSE”. “Chayse let them handle it” Andrea ordered. I don’t remember anything about her but I’m starting to realise she’s annoying as hell. I can fight… I think I can fight. Why else would I have weapons like these ones?

They all came back in with Glenn and a… A sheriff? “Son of a bitch I outta kill you” Andrea said, grabbing the cops clothes and shoving him against a stack of stuff. “Just chill out Andrea, back off” Morales said. “Come on, ease up” Jacqui said. “Ease up? You’re kidding me, right? We’re dead because of this stupid asshole” Andrea said holding the gun to his face. “Andrea I said back the hell off” Morales said. “Gonna pull the trigger?” Morales tested.

“We’re dead. Dead all because of you” Andrea said with a worried look on her face. “I don’t understand” the guy said. “Look we came into the city to scatter supplies. You know what scattering is? Surviving. You know the key to surviving? Sneaking in” Morales went on a ramble. I put my sword in the strap wrapped around my back. As they walked I followed, stuffing my dagger in my thigh belt and my throwing knives into the straps around my left wrist. I slung my bow around my head when we stopped. I saw a lot of walkers slamming against the glass door of the department store. “You just ran the dinner bell” Andrea said. I ignored their conversation and tried to figure out where I was gonna put these arrows.

They started backing away and I followed, uncertain of everyone and everything. “What were you doing out there anyway?” Andrea asked. “Looking for the helicopter” the guy said. “You were probably hallucinating. It happens” Jacqui said. “I saw it!” the cop growled. They started talking about a refugee centre. I, however, had an empty bag. I saw a little pocketknife collection stored behind the counter for sale. I took one and stuffed it in my bag. I then heard a gunshot. “Oh my god was that Dixon?” Andrea sighed. Dixon? How many damn people are there? “Come on, let’s go” Glenn hurried. They all marched off and I followed behind. We ran up some stairs onto the rooftop and I saw a white guy in a sleeveless shirt, shooting with a sniper off the side of the building.

“Hey Dixon are you crazy!?” Morales yelled. Everyone started yelling at each other while I tried to figure out where the guy named Merle was... I heard a sound that sounded like someone broke their nose and I snapped up, seeing a fight break out. God damn it guys. People were yelling, “Merle cut it out!” and other shouts to try and stop the fight. Merle, huh? Merle knocked the cop out of the way and continued on fighting. All the shouting stopped when Merle pulled out a gun and shoved it in T-Dogs face. Whoa. “No, no, no. Please, please” Andrea pleaded. Merle spat on T-Dog and I scrunched up my nose. Merle Dixon seemed like a total asshole. “Yeah, alright. We’re gonna have ourselves a little” Merle said but I didn’t catch the last word. What is this guy saying? Is he high?

“Talk about who’s in charge” he shouted. “I vote me. Anybody else? Huh?” he said something else as everyone helped T-Dog up. “Show of hands” Merle ordered. “Huh? All in favour?” he cooed. “Huh? Come on; let’s see ‘em” Merle ordered. People slowly raised their hands, looks of fear consuming their faces. “Oh come on” Andrea whined. Merle rambled on a little speech but didn’t see me; since I was standing behind him. “Yeah, me” the officer said and knocked Merle down. Ha. Officer then handcuffed Merle to a pipe bold screw lookin’ thing. “Who the hell are you man?” Merle growled. “Officer friendly” he answered. Friendly rambled on a little rant about racism not being allowed in this time of need. “I’m just a man looking for his wife and son. I won’t hesitate to shoot anyone who gets in the way of that” Friendly said.