t w o

Jax

Corbyn and I decided to skip because we didn't want to be there anymore. We decided to go to his house because his parents weren't home. As soon as we walked in, a small dog jumped on me. It was a mix between a Pomeranian and a Husky. A Pomsky. I read the tag. "Jax."

"Where did the name Jax come from?"

'My little brothers name was Jackson, I called him 'Jacks' for short. He died in a car crash with my little sister a couple years ago, Ash was the only one that survived.  So I named him 'Jax' in Jacksons memory.'

"Corbyn I'm so sorry. I had no idea."

'It's okay.'

I could see the hurt in his eyes.

 "C-Corbyn?" 

 'yeah?'

 "Why don't you talk?"

 'its a long story.'

 "I've got time."

 'well, I stopped talking right before Jax was born. My dad had been drinking a lot, leaving me and Ash to take care of mom by ourselves. He hit all three of us non stop, and every time I tried to talk, he'd hit me. So I decided to stop talking. My mom died after giving birth to Jax. She was the only person I still talked to. After she was gone, there was no point in talking.'

At this point he was in tears. he hugged me and out his face into the crook of my neck.

 "Shh. It's okay."

 'my dad's gonna be home soon. Probably drunk. You should leave before he gets here.'

 "I'm not gonna leave you here. Pack a bag. You're coming to my house."

 'you barely know me...'

"I don't care. I'll grab Jax. you get your stuff. "

'okay.'