o n e

I know how it feels.

Today day is the start of senior year. A fresh start for me. Probably not. Every year, I think it will be a better year, but it never is. Jonah and his three hooligans being the dicks of the school. Everyone loves them tho, because Jacks "hot", Daniel and his blue eyes, Jonah being the oldest guy in school (he's been held back a couple times), and Zach being the cute, non suspected bad boy. My thoughts were interrupted when Sarah snuck up behind me. "Aren't you gonna go in?"

     "Maybe. Or maybe I could skip."

     "You are not skipping. I'd miss you too much. Come one, lets go."

     We walked through the double doors, only to be greeted by Daniel and Jonah. "Wassup ladies? What do you say us skip and go back to our place." Jonah said with a smirk.

     "In your dreams pretty boy."

     We walked away and went to our first class. Sadly, we didn't have any classes together. As I walked in. I sat next to a boy I had never seen before. The teacher called role. "Daniel?"

     "Sup."

     "Jason?"

     "Here."

     "Jordyn?"

     "H-Here."

     "Corbyn?"

     The boy next to me raised his hand. She just so happened to look up and saw him and crossed him off the list. "Yo dude. You can talk you know?" Daniel said, earning snickers from the entire classroom. Corbyn then picked up all of his stuff and ran out. I ran after him as he went into the bathroom. When I walked in, he was sat on the floor in the corner of the bathroom, knees up to his chest, crying. I walked over to him. I went to touch his hand, and he flinched. "Shh. I'm not going to hurt you."

     He hesitated, but the let me hold his hand. After a while he began doing something. Sign language. This is something I knew very well, since my adoptive mother is deaf. He signed asking if I knew sign language. I said yes.

     'Why do you want to comfort me? I'm a stupid mute.'

     "You're not stupid. And I know how it feels."

     'Know how what feels?'

     "I saw your wrists."

     I pulled up my sleeves revealing a bunch of cuts, both old and new. He stood up, helped me up, and hugged me.

     "We're gonna help each other to stop. We'll be friends to just us... plus my friend Sarah, if thats okay?"

     'The more the merrier.'