Let Her Go | Ch.2 (Nagisa route)

"Kousaka--"

She scoffed and rolled her eyes at him while flipping her beautiful orange hair. "Look, what the heck is wrong with you, Nagisa? Why is it always ______? Why do you keep on talking about her when I ask you if I look nice in this or that? We're together and all you can ever think about is ______!"

"But she's--"

"______, ______, ______! I'm so tired of this!" She turned around and went for the door, but Nagisa stopped her. "I am so going to take her away from you!" She broke away from Nagisa's trembling hand and went outside, going to wherever ______ was.

He tried his best to follow her, but damn the heavens, he was a swimmer, not a runner like Kousaka. Add the fact that ______ never ran that fast whenever they were out chasing each other until they would collapse on the ground laughing.

Sweet memories. He had a lot of them.

For the past fifteen years Nagisa had someone who he can talk freely to. Someone who was always there for him even though he was at his lowest or he was having small tantrums because of little things.

And that was ______.

She was always there for him to seek comfort from, like a teddy bear a child hugs whenever he's having nightmares. As he thought about these memories his running turned to walking and his breathing started to become ragged.

Memory after memory flashed before him like a movie.

***

"Mou, Nagisa! Give my diary back already!" she whined, trying to reach the small pink notebook he stuck out in the air high up above her with an outstretched arm. If he was small, then ______ was even smaller.

"No way!" ten-year-old him teased. He looked up and started reading the contents aloud. "Dear diary..."

"Nagisa!" she screeched.

"Today Nagisa-kun-- hey look, I'm mentioned here--"

"Give it back!"

He chuckled a little. "Gave me--" He was cut off when ______ managed to tackle him down onto the grass and snatch the notebook away from him. She hugged it to her chest and blew raspberry at him. "No touchy."

Nagisa just laughed again and dragged her beside him to lie on the grass to rest.

***

"You are not gonna get me seated on a roller coaster."

"What if I do?"

"I'm gonna kill you."

He lifted her up on his shoulder with no difficulty and winced a little from the pounds on his back dealt by then twelve-year-old ______. "Put me down you swim freak!"

"H-hey, if you're gonna call someone swim freak, then Haru-chan's best for that position." He tossed her on the seat on the front row and locked her on it by clicking her seatbelt shut. "No worries, I'm right beside you."

"Crap, I vomit because I have motion sickness. Imma puke right into your pretty little face."

"Gladly."

"Creep!"

***

At thirteen they were a little awkward about coming into contact with each other, especially her. He accidentally touched her hand, so she retracted it immediately. "What's the problem? I'm not King Midas."