one

She woke up. She showered. She got ready. She ate. She went down. She drove to work. And she worked.

When time was up, she drove back home. She washed up. She changed. She prepared food. She ate her portion. And she went to sleep. Nothing ever changed for her.

He came back up, and found his dinner left as it was. He smiled, and sat to eat. But he was still bitter. Two months since they tied the knot, and yet they, or she, acted like they were nothing.

It's true he loved her, because despite hearing his past gang life, she still chose to be with him. Though he knew she didn't like him the same way, he still helped because he took it as a chance. A chance to start afresh.

And yes, he was part of a gang. But it wasn't any typical gang. It was just one he and his friends ended up becoming when they had nothing to do, like a way to pass time. But that was let go of once they became older and mature, and were ready to start their own work. In Jaehyun's case, his father gave him his hotel as a graduation gift, and he couldn't be anymore thankful. But he promised to make it bigger and better himself as he wanted to be independent as well.

He went to bed, and saw her sleeping figure in her usual spot, and smiled. He got in under the duvet and cuddled up next to her, her back facing him. He ran his fingers through her hair, sniffing it in the process, before laying a soft kiss on her crown.

"Good night Yerim."

«•»