twenty seven

Wednesday...

Jaehyun walked following his assistant who opened the door for him and his father to go in to the meeting room. They saw both Mr Kim and Jungkook already seated, and formally bowed since the young man was still there. Once Mr Jung sat, Jaehyun excused the assistant, wanting this meeting to be a little more personal than just the collaboration.

"So, Mr Kim." he said, using his business tone, as he sat at the head chair next to his father. "What plans do you propose for the advertising?"

Mr Kim sighed before he started speaking, Jungkook helping him get out papers. "Well, our company works with foreign shareholders too. If promotions in Korea go well, we can help promote the hotel overseas too, such as travel brochures. I hear you're trying to change the few floors of rented spaces into hotel rooms too?"

"Yes that's true. I don't like having them around for so long and using the hotel facilities."

"Well that's nice to hear. We can help promote you're hotel in the mean time, getting you more attention, especially for these new floors."

Jaehyun listened and looked through the papers they had handed to him showing the plans and some examples. He nodded and looked at his father.

"Seems like a good plan. How long do you propose the contract for?"

Mr Kim suddenly kept quiet, looking down at his hands. Jungkook sighed and for once spoke up. "He'll promote the hotel for you for free if he has to if it means being able to see Yerim." he spoke a little exhausted.

Jaehyun closed the papers, biting his lips as he stared at the old man. "Don't misunderstand. I didn't do this entirely for her. I've had these plans for a while, and even discussed with your father before. It was recently that I found out you're Jaehyun, the same Jaehyun who's his son, and the same Jaehyun who my daughter married."

Jaehyun sighed and nodded slowly. "I know what happened, she's told me. Well, I mean she's told me from her point of view. And, as much as I'd like to help you patch things up, I can't do that. My wife's past is for me to stay out of unless she wants me involved. I don't want to do anything that'll cause her pain, especially not with her health now."

His sentence made all there men's eyes widen, Mr Jung being the first to speak. "Is she..."

"It's not my place to tell you honestly," Jaehyun cut him off, "without her permission, so I'd like you to keep quiet about it. Yes, she is pregnant. But we haven't told anyone yet. Considering you're all family I guess I'll tell you, but it also means that you can't see her yet or speak because it'll only make her feel worse."

«•»

Yerim came home and was quick to run to the toilet, feeling sick again. It was the third time the whole day she felt sick, but she still went through her day at work. 

After washing up, she changed into her night shirt, a little over sized, and laid in bed. She took out the pregnancy book they got two days ago and looked at the ultra sound scanning of her tummy, a smile creeping it's way onto her face. She was facing the other side of the room, so didn't notice when her husband came home and slipped in next to her, his hand already on her tummy.

Jaehyun chuckled when she flinched in surprise, and nuzzled his face into her neck. "How was today?" he asked her. Yerim smiled and turned to face him, hugging him back as well.

"I got sick twice at work, and again just now..."

"Hmm..." Jaehyun hummed as his hand moves down to her butt and pat it unconsciously. "Maybe take a sick leave whenever you feel bad. You know the first few weeks are going to be tough."

"I'm fine." she answered. "But I should tell them I'm pregnant. I haven't sent them the letter yet."

Jaehyun grumbled in disapproval. "That's bad. You better send it today, or I'm going to bring you home from half days." he jokingly scolded. Yerim laughed and booped his nose as they simply stared at each other, until she suddenly remembered his meeting today.

"So... How was the meeting?" she asked trying to hide her sadness. But he knew she was upset, and wanted to drift away from the topic.

"Simple and easy. It was over quick. Anyways, let's order in food from the kitchen. Don't think either if us have the energy to cook today." he chuckled taking out his phone from his back pocket to call the kitchen downstairs. "What do you want? I'm sure you've got cravings of something."

"Actually just rice and chicken. I don't feel like eating too much today."

«•»