Chapter 2.1

"So many humans die without knowing what a black hole is,
But it doesn't mean black holes don't exist.

In the same way, we might be the species who are bringing their own destruction,
Without knowing what the real universe is. "
***

The city of Hālakā śahara meant 'The City of light' in Bangla

The city of Hālakā śahara meant 'The City of light' in Bangla. It was situated 1000km away from the city of Kolkata in Bay of Bengal. It was basically a small island, dedicated to the group of immigrants that came to India before Independence. It was their safe haven, where things like politics and discrimination didn't exist.

Some people believe it was more developed than any country because of its people's hard work, dedication and cooperation. Hence called the City of light, illuminating the way to Utopia.

***

Srishti Verma stood on her toes and stretched her hand to pull out a black book from the top shelf

Srishti Verma stood on her toes and stretched her hand to pull out a black book from the top shelf. She stretched her hand further, struggling to reach it when a strand of dark brown hair fell in front of her eyes.

"Phoo" she tried blowing that away but suddenly she lost her balance and fell on the ground.

Taking a deep breath, she counted numbers up-to ten in her mind and then got up.

"Mrs. Sharma?" she called and walked to the head Librarian to find her reading a Bhagvad Gita.

Srishti folded her hands and tapped her foot, waiting for Mrs. Sharma to notice her. But being the impatient self she was, she started banging on the wooden counter after three seconds.

The old lady took a deep breath and closed Gita. She put it aside and raised her eyebrow. Knowing that she had all the attention now, Srishti brought her hands back and smiled sheepishly.

"Mrs. Sharma... " she said, "How many times do I have to tell you to not put my favorite books on the top shelf, you know I can't get them myself. "