Chapter 1.3

"Newton said that GRAVITY attracts things with mass,
Then why is the universe still expanding? "

---

There are always certain decisions in our life that we take despite knowing the consequences

There are always certain decisions in our life that we take despite knowing the consequences. We know we shouldn't be doing this, but still we do. We know we are bringing our doom, but still we embrace it.

And the same happened with Utkarsh Mehra.

The moment his feet touched the ground, great reaction force of earth jerked him backwards. And Squi gave up the hope of avoiding the inevitable. It knew his master was reckless, but it just didn't expect him to be this much dumb.

Who jumps straight to hug a meteorite? Squi thought and rolled its eyes.

Squi turned back to jump into the coat's pocket when its tail rubbed against his neck. The fur tickled him and Utkarsh sneezed hard.

"Achoo!" He sneezed and brought his sleeves to rub against his nose. He rubbed it hard but stopped once he realised where he was.

He looked around and found himself standing on the floor of leaves. With raised eyebrows, he looked at Squi asking where they were. But the poor squirrel just shook his head and ducked inside the pocket.

Utkarsh smiled weakly and turned around to inspect his surroundings. His heart was beating fast and sweat was rolling off his cheeks. He clutched his coat and started walking towards the meteorite.

With slow hesitant steps, he was moving forward and with every step, his heartbeat kept getting faster. It was wonder how his ribs were holding it.

Soon, he was standing in front of that grey meteorite. It had pores adorning its rough spherical surface like a honeycomb. The dull layers were nothing special but the light getting out of the pores was scary. It seemed like the meteorite was a night lamp and there was an LED bulb inside it.

Utkarsh swallowed the lump of saliva and looked down to see Squi peeking out of his pocket. With its small hands clutching the outer cloth of the pocket, he was shaking his head, as if begging Utkarsh to return.

But the damage was already done.

Utkarsh smiled weakly and took a deep breath. It was like a voice was calling him to touch the meteorite and set it free. Utkarsh wanted to shake his head and run away from there, letting his dad deal with this stuff.

But he couldn't.

He couldn't stop his hand when it raised up and leaned towards the rock. He couldn't will himself to step back when his hand finally touched the rock.

For a moment, nothing happened. It was just a plain rock under his palm. But then.....

The intensity of light became too much to see. It blinded him and the rock under his palm started shaking. It seemed like the light was pushing the surface back, making it crack.