CHAPTER ONE - Returning

Part One - Homecoming

When I got to the airport I felt a bit of relief. I don't think any of them would dare attempt to get me with so many people around. Still, I couldn't let my guard down yet. When I was on the plane and in the air things could settle down. The boarding line was moving smoothly and I soon found myself at the front with little wait. The lady at the desk looked me over and gave my passport the stamp of approval. Great, almost there. As I walked into the plane I couldn't help but wonder if my boy Omega was alright. Each time he goes into one of those animal cages and gets put into the hold I feel so sad for him. If I could I would have him next to me on the seats so he could sleep and wander a bit. I know it's all to do with safety but I want my ball of fluff beside me. So far my charm was still keeping me safe, good thing too.

People were getting settled on the plane quickly. Putting their bags on the overhead compartments and taking their seats. Each one with a routine of either getting ready to sleep, have some food, read a magazine or watch a show on their phone. Personally I want to relax with some music and a little bottle of wine, that's a good way to take the edge off. Right now my edge was still on. I say wine simply because planes never have a good selection of whisky. Maybe in first class but not for cabin.

As I put my bag by my seat someone bumped into me a little. Almost knocked off my glasses too. On reaction I turned around to say sorry but was beaten to it by a very handsome man.

'Sorry, it's a little cramped on these planes,' he said with a smile. Alright, he was good looking. He had a well-built body and neat dark brown hair that matched his striking blue eyes.

'It's fine, sorry for getting in the way,' I apologised.

'I was the one at fault, so I'm sorry,' he nodded as he passed. As he wanders towards the front of the plane I noticed he gave me a second glance before turning away again. At least I'm meeting some charming people on this journey.

I sat down at my isle seat and waited patently. Not long after we were given our safety instructions from the hard working air hostesses, followed by the plane taking off. Turbulence didn't bother me too much, luckily I didn't have anyone sitting next to me, the flight was quite bare actually. I remember Light Grave was a big city full of life, with so little people on the plane I wasn't getting that kind of vibe. It would probably change when I arrived there. Also, this is a night flight, that might be a reason too. There was that nervous sick feeling starting to kick in now.

Not before long the hostess passed by with the trolly full of snacks and drinks. I wasn't one to pass up a drink when I could get one, non-alcoholic of course when I say that. Before I could even order she placed a glass of red wine in front of me.

'Uh, I didn't order this,' I said politely to her. The name on her uniform said "Louise" on it.

'I know, it's from the gentleman in first class. He says he bumped into you before we took off.'

'Oh!' I said with a bit of surprise.

'He also said if you would like to join him he had a free seat at his own.'

'Would that be alright? I don't want to disrupt your service.'

'Nah it's fine, not a busy flight today thank God. Better hurry, the guy is cute.'

'Yeah, he is,' I agreed. I didn't want to be rude, so I took the wine and made my way to first class. It was like walking into another world. Each pair of large white seats shared a big table, lovely carpets and varnished wooden decor rather than white plastic. Everything about it just had a good feeling to it, one that I could get used to.