Chapter 2

We were surrounded by "do your best and you'll succeed" teachers as we walked through front entrance, being told to drop our non-carry on luggage by the front and carry-on's could stay with us if we wanted, we were guided to the auditorium where we would be sitting for a little while as we waited for the rest of the students to arrive. The auditorium was about three times the size of a normal one. Turns out we are going to be in the same class, so we sat together next to what seemed like the first group of kids.

        Somehow on the way from the bus to here, I ended up in the middle, I hate being in the middle, people on both sides usually want to talk to you. Lucky for me, only Nancy wanted to talk, Grover was distracted by some teacher talking to a couple of cheer leaders on the stage.

        "So what part of new York are you from?" Hmm... "Why?" I ask her. "Just make conversation." She replies. She doesn't get it yet. "Pass." She rolls her eyes. "Ugh, OK, What kind of music do you like?" I hate being asked that, because when I answer, they think I'm some kind of Satan worshiping Illuminati member.

         "Ever heard of Blood On The Dance Floor?" I ask her. A puzzled look crosses her face. "No." Might as well let her listen. "Here" I say, handing her my earphones the puts them on and I play Happy Violentines Day. Her eyes widen more and more as she listens. When it's over she looks at me as if she just saw a puppy get killed. "Whoa, that's scary. When did you start liking them?" When it started.....  "When I was six."

        She gaps at me as we hear the microphone being adjusted. I look to see the same cheerleaders Grover was staring at standing in front of the mic. I can tell they are going to make a welcome speech. I hat welcome speeches, why can't the speaker(s) just get the point.

        "Welcome fellow students to Yancee Academy, we hope you enjoy this year as much as we are. We'd like to start off the year by introducing you to our rules, proms and staff. Then you will be directed to your dorm, and meat your roommates." I hate roommates. As promised, we sat for an hour listening to more and more bull.

        When we set off, it turned out Grover was my roommate. We both sat across from our beds, unpacking our luggage. Each room came with two computers, one bathroom with a shower, two dressers a window in between the two beds.

        When I finished with my cloths I made my bed and after five minutes of intense thought, placed my art bag in between the wall and my bed. They gave us two hours to unpack so when I finished early, I set up the wifi on my phone to go from coach bust to the schools. Jeez, they have hundreds of wifi names.

        When I finished, I went to watching Salad Fingers until Grover tapped my shoulder. "They just came to say it's time for lunch, then we meet our teachers, get our textbooks and notebooks, school and teacher website info and then off to dinner." I have to say it. "Looks like I don't need a schedule, I just need you." He smiled at my joke and headed down the hallway, the cafeteria just being at the very end.

        For lunch they gave us bacon and cheese soup, officially the only soup I like because all others, I hate. As Grover had said, We met our literacy, math, french, Latin/Greek, health and p.e., science and geography, history and art teachers. Along with an agenda, textbooks, notebooks and a schedule. The schedule had all the websites. They told to set up the desks that we're supposed to use as work stations, then head for the cafeteria.

        For dinner we had hamburgers and Cesar salad. After dinner we both took a shower and put our PJ's on. I left the lamp on my bedside table on as I drew the next band in line, motionless in white. Grover fell asleep right away, so when I finished drawing motionless in white, I observed him. He tosses and turns, doesn't snore, and farts way too much. When the clock turned to 2:00am, I fell asleep.

        My dreams weren't as they usually are, I was standing in what seemed to be a lounge. I turned towards a large couch and saw that a man sitting there, going through what looked to be files. "Several self harm scars near the veins on both arms, tried to commit suicide by almost taking medicine. Hmmmmmm..." he read aloud, I was sure that it was just a coincidence until he finished. "Reason believed to be bullying, ADD, mother in prison for prostitution and younger sister sent to live with separate foster parents."

        I stared at the man until he looked up from the papers and stared straight at me, then smiled. "We all have a terrible past, don't we Percy?" I manged a nod he patted the spot to his right and I sat down. He then wrapped his arm around me, and surprising myself, I felt relaxed.

        I usually hate this kind of touching. Then he leaned his mouth to my ear, another thing I usually hate. "Things are going to change"

        I woke to the sounds of screaming.