Chapter 1.2

"I got to go. I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"Alright, see you tomorrow." I walked Cooper back to my house. I have him a treat and called up the Chinese place. I ordered some Sweet 'n Sour chicken with white rice. I put in my favorite movie and took out my homework. Yes, I had homework the first day of school. I put in The Pirates of the Caribbean. I got to the part where Jack Sparrow went on to the dock that was off limits to civilians when the doorbell rang. I paused the movie and opened the door. "Hello." I politely said. The delivery man looked up and it was Caleb.

"Hey. Here's your food." He handed me the bag.

"Thanks Caleb."

"Yeah. Enjoy."

"I will. See you tomorrow." He nodded his head and walked back to the car. I set the food on the counter and fed the cat and dog. I sat down I the living room and ate my food and watched the movie. I was done eating but the movie wasn't done playing. I finished my homework and the movie. I put my stuff back in my bag. I walked up my stairs and hopped into a nice hot shower. I changed and laid in bed. I put on some music and drifted into sleep.

I woke up at 6:30 the next morning. I got up and showered and changed into skinnies and a band tee. Today was a B day. I didn't have gym today. I threw on my all black vans and straightened my long brown hair. I grabbed my phone and headphones. I walked downstairs and fed the animals. There was a note on the counter. It was my mom telling me that she was working late again. This is how it's always been. She leaves early I the morning then doesn't come home until late. I crumpled up the note from frustration and threw it out. I grabbed the piles of papers from the table. She didn't sign them. I grabbed a pen and did it for her. I know it's illegal to forge writing but I've been doing this since third grade. I shoved them in my bag and went to the bus stop. The ride was the same but only this time Scarlet didn't get on so Michael sat with one of his friends.

The day was the same as yesterday except today, a different boy was in everyone of my classes. Yesterday I didn't notice the boys in my morning classes. Caleb's in a bunch of my classes. I was in the middle of third period when I got called to the office. My mom had signed me up for band. I mentally cursed at her but hey, what can I do about it? I play percussion. That period ended and I had study hall. I walked to the multi-purpose room at the end of the hallway.

"I'm Mr. Meredith. Welcome to study hall. You can do whatever just don't be so loud." People started to chatter. "But first let me take attendance." All I heard was blah, blah, Michael Clifford, blah, blah, Luke Hemmings, Calum Hood, blah, Ashton Irwin, blah, blah, Scarlet Moe, blah, Caleb Tarbox, Caroline Thompson, blah, blah, blah. I took out my phone and headphones. All I did was listen to music. Nobody talked to me. The boys and Scarlet were talking amongst themselves. It was lunch time and I sat at the same table. The same people came and sat with me.

"Caroline." Ashton said. Everybody was in the same exact seats as yesterday.

"Ashton?" I asked.

"No! You're supposed to name someone else! If I started you can't say my name! For example, I said your name you can't say my name because I already went." I was confused. I nodded my head slowly.

"I'm Scarlet. I didn't properly introduce myself. I'm Scarlet Moe. Where did you move here from?"

"I'm Caroline Thompson. And I've been all over the globe but I'm from New York." I put a fake smile on. After that I stopped talking. The boys talked. Michael "accidentally" put his hand on my leg and left it there. I kept on pushing it off my leg but he kept putting it back. "God damn it Michael! Keep your hand to yourself!" I had enough. I got up and walked out of the cafeteria. I walked out of the school. I walked home. It took me almost 2 hours, but I walked. My legs hurt so bad. I laid on the couch and started crying. I have these days where I just cry. I thought about my best friend from back home. That made me cry harder. Cooper came and cuddled into me.

"Caroline Rose Thompson! Get your ass out of bed now and explain to me why you ditched on only the second day of school!" I was awoken to my mother shouting. I quickly looked at a clock. It was 1:30 in the afternoon. I had gotten home around 12.

"Because I don't feel good. I walked home." I sleepily rolled over on to my other side.

"Did you take anything?"

"Yeah." I lied.

"Let me feel your head." She put the back of her hand to my cheeks and then my forehead. "You have a fever. No school tomorrow." I was silently cheering on the inside. I nodded my head. "I got to get back to work. I'll see you some time tomorrow." She kissed my forehead and left. I soon fell back asleep.