Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The memory started in a field. It seemed to be in a human area. In it she saw the Neverseen. The hated symbols on the cloaks. They seemed to have more members than before. Sophie wasn't able to hear anything but short glimpses of conversations, but she heard enough to be interested. Something about a secret weapon. The eyes she was seeing the memory from moved forward, brushing past the arms of Neverseen members as they made their way forward. They had reached the area where most of the members were gathered. Sophie gasped.

It looked like...

Monsters.

Real life monsters. People with snake legs. Huge beasts of dogs. Strange black ghouls. Huge 8 foot tall giants with cannonballs. Strange bird ladies. So many of them...

It was an army. An army of monsters.

Sophie woke up from the memory. "What was that!?" she asked the Councillors.

"We don't know," Emery replied. "That's what we need you to figure out."

"But..." Sophie said, her face pale. "I don't know if I can handle this."

"Of course you can," Bronte replied. "We wouldn't have given you this job if we didn't think you could handle it."

Sophie felt reassured by the Councillors' confidence. But still. The enormity of her task that was ahead loomed like a mountain. How would she be able to accomplish it?

Mr. Forkle's eyes pierced her as she faced him. He hadn't left his position yet. Mr. Forkle's stolid stance let Sophie know that this was indeed an extremely serious situation. She had already sensed this though. The vision... and the meeting with the Councillors all screamed 'serious' at her. These monsters... were out there, and she had to figure out how to stop them.

Oralie hovered by Sophie, her concern evident. "Sophie?" she asked. "What exactly did you see? What insights have come?"

Sophie breathed heavily, not knowing what to say. "Did you not see it?" she responded with a questioning glance.

All of the Councillors exchanged a look. They seemed a little unwilling. Sophie took a deep breath as she realized they were communicating telepathically. It was a moment like this that made her wish she could be included in the Council's telepathic conversations. Sophie waited a couple of minutes as they finished up their conversation. They all looked straight at her. Sophie grimaced a little at having all the attention on her.

Emery stepped forward quietly and said, "We did not see it... but it seemed like shadows were moving around the clearing. Ones that looked to have an animal-like form... others indescribable."

Sophie thought about his words as she glanced at all of them. Mr. Forkle still hadn't left his position near the edge of the clearing. Preparing herself to speak, Sophie inhaled. She looked up at them and said, "The Neverseen has allies. Ones unlike anything I have ever seen."

Hehehe another cliffhanger. Sorry for the lack of updates! We're both extremely busy with school. Thank you for reading!! And almost 500 reads??!! Thank you so much!!

Chapterly GIF:

I love this gif 😂😂

I love this gif 😂😂