CHAPTER II

NOAH:
The walk to my trailer was silent, but I don't complain. It's enough for me to have Alessia with me. I've had a crush on her since we were kids, and I've longed to tell her but she was just played by Elliott, and her feelings are too tender now.
"That was awkward," Alessia finally said when we reached the trailer.
"What was?" I asked.
"That we didn't talk for the whole way," she shrugged.
"I didn't want to make you feel forced into talking to me, so I didn't."
"That's very thoughtful."
I smiled goofily, the smallest compliment from such an angel made me beam.
"So, ready to talk?" I asked, eagerly.
"Yeah," she replied, sitting on the red couch. I joined her, and we started talking. First about Eliott, then about her. I just sat there listening to her soft and kind voice. I got up once to get a cup of water, and when I returned she was asleep like a baby.The next morning, I woke up on the couch, and Alessia was cuddling me beside her. I have no idea how it got that way, but Alessia cuddled up in my arms are a dream come true. I just sat there, memorizing her face. Her perfect oval face, her flowing soft blonde hair, the small freckle under her left cheek. Just everything. I wanted to kill Elliott for what he did to her. Played her like she was just another girl, and moved on. Alessia opened her eyes slowly, and I pretended that I hadn't been staring at her for twenty minutes.
"Oh my god, what happened?" she asked, dazed.
"Nothing. We kept talking until midnight and I got up for a cup of water and came back to find you asleep." I explained calmly.
"Oh... well thank you, Noah, and sorry for annoying you.."
"You're welcome, that wasn't a problem at all" I grinned widely.
"But what if your father saw us?" she looked concerned.
"My dad's always too drunk, he crashes at the bar."
"Oh, I'm so sorry"
"No, it's fine really."
"I know I'm asking a lot, Noah, but do you mind walking me home?"
I beamed.
"Of course!" I said a little too loud.
Alessia giggled and stroked her hair with her fingers. God, she's so beautiful.
Ten minutes later, we were out of the trailer and walking to Alessia's house.
"What are you thinking about, Noah?" Alessia asked, with her cheeks rosy.
"Hm?" I was thinking about something. About her. But I can't tell her. It's too soon. "Oh, nothing" I lied.
"C'mon Noah, I've been your best friend since we were kids. I know you. You can tell me."
"I—Oh look! We're here!" I cried, thankful that I didn't have to tell her.
"I-uh-fine. You win this one, Lester. Thanks again," she said, waving to me.
I stood until the door shut again.
I was two minutes on the street when my phone buzzed. It was a text from Alessia.
A: Are you sure you don't want to talk Noah?
I breathed out a laugh. I was so happy that she was noticing. I texted her back.
N: Yes, I'm fine Alessia.
A: If you're sure. Thanks and sorry again.
N: I am sure, and again it was no problem :)
A: Thank you Noah, goodbye
N: Goodbye Alessia
Alessia is so thoughtful and kind. I can't believe Elliott would do that to her. And I can't just stand and do nothing about it. I'm going over to Elliott.