CHAPTER IV

ALESSIA:
It was Monday again, back in the torture they call high school. I was walking to my locker when I saw Cleo alone. It ended. It was only a matter if time anyway. Maybe now I have a chance with him...no. I can't think like that. He was the one who broke up with me. He was the one hurt me. He was the one who couldn't love me.
"Hey Hol," I said.
"Oh, Lissy! Where did you go after the party? I got you a drink but I couldn't find you," Holly asked.
"Oh yeah, sorry. I went over to Noah's" I replied.
"Oooh, Noah Lester! What happened?"
"Nothing did, I was miserable at the party and he saw that and we went over to his house and talked"
I genuinely left out the part when we woke up and we were cuddling.
The first bell rang.
"Gotta go to History," I said.
"I have Algebra, see you!" waved Holly.
I skipped over to class, thinking about Elliott but then cursing myself for doing that.
I should not think about him. Which is gonna be impossible since Elliott is in my History class. And so is Cleo. And Noah.
I'll just focus on Noah. Oh and the lesson of course.
The lesson was about the history of some sort of queen in Scotland or something. My thoughts were escaping to be on Elliott, so I focused on Noah again. He seemed deep in thought. Just like when he was dropping me off. I sent him a text and the soft buzz of his phone tingled the room. I saw him checking it, he looked at me with a smile and texted back.

N: I'm just deep in awe of that Scottish queen.

A: Yeah, don't lie, that's more boring than watching paint dry.

N: Have you ever tried it?

A: No.

N: Then don't judge.

I breathed out a laugh.

A: I'll know someday Lester, you see that.

N: Well, we'll see when that someday comes.

He looked over at me with a wide grin.
Then the bell rung and it was time for second period. Chemistry. Fortunately, this time Holly was with me so I didn't have to die of boredom. Holly is usually late to Chemistry since Algebra is two halls away. She crept in while Dr. Gordon had his back to the class, writing something on the board.
"Hey, Lissy" she whispered.
"Hey" I whispered back.
Dr.Gordon kept talking about the periodic table and some chemical stuff. Chemistry went by pretty quickly and now I had a free period but poor Holly had English. We said our goodbyes and I went over to my locker to get some gum. As I was unlocking the keys, Elliott came over to me. I ignored him as per usual.
"Looking good, babe." he said.
Babe?!? Is he really serious?!?
I laughed loud at his sarcasm," HA HA HA!"
"I broke up with Cleo," he told me.
"Yeah, I know now go to some girl and continue your streak, playboy." I said.
"Lissy, I left my streak behind for you, I love you."
"First, to you I'm Alessia and second, yeah you really showed that when you dumped me and got together with Cleo."
"I wasn't thinking, when I was with Cleo it felt wrong, and that's why I
broke up with her."
Was he really serious? Does he really love me? He looked sorry, but was he? Maybe he was, and since he broke up with me all I wanted was him to love me. And now this is my chance.

"So you're really sorry?" I asked, looking him in the eyes.
He nodded slowly, "Please forgive me Alessia, I love you."
"Just Lissy now," I whispered.
That's when I put my hands on the sides of his face and pulled him close. I kissed him and I've wanted to do that for a long time. And for a moment I forgot about everything else. And then when we finally broke the kiss, I whispered, " I missed that."
To which he just nodded.
"Now can I call you Babe?" he said, smiling.
I nodded with a big smile on my face.
Then the bell rung, time for lunch.
I kissed Elliott on the cheek goodbye and went over to the cafeteria. I stood in line to get food then went over to Holly and I's usual lunch table. She was already there biting into her green apple.
"Hol, I got big news for you." I said as I sat down next to her.