CHAPTER I

ALESSIA:
There I was. As the Queen Bee, I was always the soul of every party. Friday night, free of the torture they call high school has the spirit to rock everybody up into partying. Josh's house. Josh's parents don't mind what goes on in their house only that it keeps in the basement. The music was pumped out loud, I was dancing on the table, in my electric blue dress, giant hoop earrings and my blonde hair in curls. Everyone was cheering me on. And then I caught a glimpse of him. I'm already over him but it still hurts. It hurts even more because I know it didn't mean anything to him, as it was everything to me. He was already off with another girl. Which also won't last long, I know it. Everything about him hurts, his brown beautiful eyes, his soft hair, just everything. But as my best friend Holly said, it's his loss, not mine. But sometimes I wonder if it's actually the other way around. I just hate him so much. But life is more important than him. I went down from the table to get a drink. I couldn't help but stare at him. It's like I was hypnotized. Cleo came over to me, " You know it's very obvious right?"
"What are you talking about?" I replied.
" So you weren't staring at the boy who broke your heart?"
"Maybe..."
"Lissy, you gotta stop that, I warned you he was a player"
That's right she did warn me, but I never listened, I thought he actually loved me. That I was the girl who would stop his streak. But I was wrong.
"I know," I sighed "It still hurts though"
"I know it does Lissy, I'm going to go get a drink, you want one?"
I nodded.
There's no way to get him off my mind. I'm at a friggin' party and he still haunts me.
"Hey, Betty! Having fun?" Josh yelled, putting his arm around me.
"Not really, Josh, where's your boyfriend?" I asked.
"He's over there with Noah— wait, why aren't you having fun?" Josh said, concerned.
"I saw Elliott over there with Cleo, you know what he did to me..." I explained, holding back my tears.
"OH MY GOD, I'm so sorry Lissy! I didn't want to invite me but Heath told me I have to, I really didn't want to argue with him." Josh said, apologetically.
"It's okay Josh, good to know that you didn't betray me," I chuckled.
Heath whispered something into Josh's ear and his face beamed.
"It's okay Josh, go enjoy your rendezvous," I laughed, winking.
"Thanks, Lissy! Enjoy the party!" Josh said happily as he ran away with Heath. Like I said, his parents don't mind what's going on in their basement. I searched for Holly, but I accidentally bumped into Noah.
"I'm so sorry Noah!" I apologized.
"Nah, it's fine. How are you?" Noah asked.
I glanced at Elliott, "Not good, to be honest.."
"Oh yeah, Elliott, I forgot.." he said through gritted teeth. "Wanna talk about it?"
"More than anything, but not here, it's too loud," I complained.
"Wow. The Queen Bee complaining it's too loud, never thought I'd see that," he chuckled.
I nudged him with my elbow a bit too hard.
"Ow! Okay, where should we talk?" Noah asked.
"Can it be at your trailer please?" I begged.
He looked surprised but he agreed.