Reunion

Emerald's POV

Emerald's POV

I didn't believe my eyes. The children I had left behind for my own selfishness where standing before me — fresh, young, beautiful and strong,just like I had wanted them to be.

This night had been the most weird and I was still unable to grasp the full intensity.

What would be the future now?

Garnet was all locked away securely, awaiting her trial.

All these while Sapphire had been keeping Aaron in her room, betraying me in one way. But then she had saved the life of my only son.

How could I blame her?

Aaron on the other hand was clueless about everything.

He wondered we all were behaving ourselves well and not killing him outright.

He was sitting in one corner, trying to still grasp the fact that he was in a magical world and he almost got killed.

I think the 'long lost father' thing and the family reunion can wait till his shock wears off.

Poppy seemed to be bothered about all these too. All the revelation about our blood relation and the deception of Garnet, followed by her brother's sudden arrival and an attack on him, was all beyond her imagination. She had fallen silent, brooding too.

'So now what!' Sapphire was the one to break the silence. 'I mean, what do we do about him.'

Her voice trembled as she uttered these. The connection between those two were still a mystery to me.

Sapphire had already struck me as someone cold and unfeeling, someone who's been scarred beyond repair by her past experiences.

But she had changed. I could see the transformation in her eyes... in her entire being.

'What about him?' interrupted Ruby or for that matter my daughter Poppy whom I left as an infant.

'He poses a threat to us. Violet Hollow knows that we're hiding a human. We can't just let him be here. He needs to go to his own land. He isn't a part of us.' said Sapphire.

'I think he needs to stay here just because we need evidence against Garnet in the tribunal of magic...' Ruby commented.

'Can you explain to them why you guys got so concerned for him suddenly? Garnet has killed many men but no one brought her to court. I thought we'd take up the attack on us as a valid evidence but then she'd defend herself saying she was attacking a intruder into our land and it is actually a solid point against us. We're at a disadvantage. We'll trap ourselves more in all this deep shit!' Sapphire exclaimed, getting up from her place and pacing around the room, a crease on her forehead.

'I'll tell the truth to them about Aaron, leaving out all the hiding part I guess,' I gave her a stern look.

'B... But, 'she faltered,' Are you going to tell them that he's your son and he's a human and that...'