Chapter 14- The Festival

Here we are again! I tried sending out a warning on my computer errors yesterday, but as usual my phone failed once again to send it out so that was pointless. Sorry about that! As I tried to say, my computer was having some serious issues to the point where it was useless to use, and it hurts that all I had to do was press the Save and Publish button. That's how close I got. Oh well. Anyways, I added a little more to the end of the story, so when you read about the zip line you can think "Wow, this was almost not here!" Luckily, though, I decided to add it in. Enjoy Chapter 15 of The Marshmallow Wars!!! :)

"What do you think of my place so far?" The voice sounded feminine.

"I wouldn't know- I just got here. It looks cool, I guess." Another voice, this time male, responded. Thomas groaned and rubbed his eyes. The voices stopped.

"Oh look, he's finally waking up." The male voice, now familiar, said.

"At least he's waking up now. Some of your friends look like they were out for good." The feminine voice lectured. Thomas sat up and rubbed his eyes again, blinking them a few times as they adjusted to his surroundings. Immediately, he saw Nick and Ashley sitting across from him on the other couch. Nick grinned.

"Good to see you up, Tom." Nick started. Thomas nodded, trying to shake off the last traces of sleep. Ashley stood up, smoothing her pants out to remove wrinkles.

"I better get out of my work clothes. I have a feeling I'm about to start showing you guys around." Ashley joked as she left the room. Thomas, now wide awake, leaned back into the couch and turned his attention back to Nick.

"How long has she been here?" Thomas asked, worried he'd made her wait. Nick glanced at his watch.

"About five minutes now. Her other friend, Chrissy, I think, got back a little before, but she headed back to her house to get ready for tonight." Nick informed Thomas.

"Is anyone else awake yet?" Thomas wondered.

"Only Jack, but something tells me he never went to sleep in the first place." Nick answered. Thomas nodded and stood up.

"I'm going to the restroom." Thomas called back to Nick as he walked.

"Thanks for telling me! I really wanted to know that!" Nick replied. Thomas smiled and entered the bathroom. Trying to hurry, he was distracted by his reflection on the way out. His hair having had a few weeks to grow back now, it had nearly regained its normal look. Thomas looked at himself for a minute longer before leaving the restroom. Looking at Nick, Thomas saw his friend had also grown back much of his hair.

"Our hair's back." Thomas noted. Nick nodded.

"We'll see for how long." He answered. Thomas nodded at the true statement. Suddenly, Jack came barging down the stairs.

"Hello, everyone! What'd I miss?" Jack began, sitting down on the edge of the couch. Thomas smiled.