Chapter 5

(Izuku P.O.V)

I was looking around the city for a gift to buy (Y/N) because I wanted to say sorry for startling her this morning. I glanced into a store that had some feminine mannequins with clothing on. Would she like clothes? Wait, her closet was full, she probably has enough. My brows furrowed in confusion, I had no idea what to get her. What do teen girls like? As I was racking my head for ideas, I suddenly smell a familiar scent.

"(Y-Y/N)?"

My head whipped around, turning towards the scent of my beloved. I scan the crowd full of random people, searching for the familiar head of (H/C) hair. Then, I spot her walking in my direction and my heartbeat quickens. She's here! This is a sign! We're meant to be together! As I was about to approach her, I see the figure next to her.

"H-huh?"

It was a tall male, he had a rather toned body that showed through his white hoodie. I usually wouldn't think much of him, but he was making contact with (Y/N). My teeth gritted and I clenched my fist as I saw the way he was around her. His arm was around her shoulder and his head laid on top of hers. She was snuggled into his protective grasp, and they even had matching outfits!

"B-boyfriend? No, wait, she didn't write about having a boyfriend in any of her diary entries. Then close friend? Still, the way he's holding her, it makes me want to bash his stupid head in. He must like her, I can see it in his eyes." Rage filled my body as I thought of this mysterious individual, I was biting my lip so hard that I felt blood trickle down my chin. I ignored it and continued my muttering.

"She did write about having a close friend named Korino Sekawa, it seemed like he was her only friend when she was in her old middle school. Is this him? If so, we're going to have some problems." My hand went to wipe my bottom lip, trying to clean up the pool of blood that was already smeared on my face. "There wasn't any entries about his quirk, I'll need to figure it out myself. I'll just hide under the facade that I like quirks and question him, (Y/N) will protect me anyway."

(Y/N) walked past me, too distracted by that fuckboy to notice my presence. Drowning in more rage, my ears perked up as I heard a bit of their conversation.

"Going to 8/12 as usual?" Her angelic voice was music to my ears, oh how I wished to just hear it every second of the day.

"You know I love my convenience stores.~" The male, who I assumed to be Sekawa, responded. Their voices faded away as they walked farther from me.

"The 8/12 convenience store? The one only 3 minutes away?" The pieces clicked together in my head. "I'll follow them, just to make sure my beloved is safe, of course!"

I put on the black beanie that was residing in my hoodie pocket, it was the same style as (Y/N)'s. I bought one after I saw it lying around in her room. Then, I quickly caught up to them, trailing about a couple feet behind.

"So, how has school been without me?" Sekawa questioned (Y/N), stuffing his hands in his hoodie pocket. "Horrible, I bet."

"Bet." (Y/N) responded. Sekawa looked over to her, giving her a deadpan look as he silently tells her to be serious with his eyes. (Y/N) rolled her pretty (E/C) eyes, and then answered his question.

"It's been pretty good actually, better than being with you." She says, without hesitation. I almost let out a giggle, but I clasped my hands onto my mouth making sure I didn't make any sound. Sekawa put his hands on his heart and was fake crying.